Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noob WaW question

• 05-02-2012 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all-
    Forgive the noob-ness of my question but the search function and Google haven't given me any answers yet.
    Wifey got me an xbox 250gb for Crimbo and I have recently been playing WaW on xbox live. 2 things I'm finding annoying as hell:
    I keep getting multiple lines of multi-coloured text right across my field of vision when playing free-for-all or team deathmatch and it usually say something like "I got modz at blah blah blah " and gives a youtube link. I wouldn't mind this off to the side so much but it's right in the friggin middle of the screen.
    Also, when I join multiplayer games sometimes I can't move normally - don't stop moving immediately when I release the stick and zip around really fast. I know private matches can be created with speed and high jump allowed but I don't expect/want this in a normal, open to the public match.
    Is this normal and if not, what can I do about it? It's really taking a bite out of my fun!!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

WAW is hacked to hell on the xbox I hear. There's nothing you can do really other than hope you get into an unhacked lobby. Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Hi all-
    Forgive the noob-ness of my question but the search function and Google haven't given me any answers yet.
    Wifey got me an xbox 250gb for Crimbo and I have recently been playing WaW on xbox live. 2 things I'm finding annoying as hell:
    I keep getting multiple lines of multi-coloured text right across my field of vision when playing free-for-all or team deathmatch and it usually say something like "I got modz at blah blah blah " and gives a youtube link. I wouldn't mind this off to the side so much but it's right in the friggin middle of the screen.
    Also, when I join multiplayer games sometimes I can't move normally - don't stop moving immediately when I release the stick and zip around really fast. I know private matches can be created with speed and high jump allowed but I don't expect/want this in a normal, open to the public match.
    Is this normal and if not, what can I do about it? It's really taking a bite out of my fun!!:mad:

WAW has been hacked for a long long time, buy black ops or mw3 and play one of them, not a chance as much of them being hacked, world at war will sadly never be fixed, its an old game and the developers just dont care anymore as they are making their money from the newer games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Thanks Thomasheen - so presumably a newer CoD game like MW3 shouldn't be hacked quite as much yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

Thanks Thomasheen - so presumably a newer CoD game like MW3 shouldn't be hacked quite as much yet?

Both Black Ops and MW3 have built in hack protection I think so they should be fine. Cod4, WAW and MW2 (not sure about this one) are all hacked and more than likely won't be fixed. Kinda ****ty WAW was a real fun game

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Highly recommend picking up CoD4 (yes, there are hacked lobbies but not it's far and away less than the amount on WaW + you can pick it up for next to nothing these days, still a decent amount of people playing it nearly 5 years on as well so tell you a lot) or CoD Black Ops. Sure, pick up both if you can afford to is the way to go IMHO.

MW3 is awful and MW2 is stressful at the best of times.

You are right in assuming MW3 isn't hacked to answer your question, but despite that, it doesn't make it a good game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement