Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study log

• 05-02-2012 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭

I'm going to start posting my work I wish to complete on a given day here, just to keep a record for myself.

etc etc etc shall edit this post when I get the time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

reserved for extra things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You do realise you can just keep a log on your computer right? Just create a word document or something.

Fantastic start to this idea, left all my books in school so I'm going to start on an English essay due on Wednesday.

Personal writing: Write a personal essay about your understanding of freedom and why you think it is important. -- 3-4 A4 pages.

~ random brainstorming about the topic. Freedom on the internet is relevant at the moment and hasn't been discussed to death, although going by a few youtube searches there aren't a lot of helpful videos on the topic of freedom in general.
    `S.O.P.A., P.I.P.A. and A.C.T.A.

free·dom/ˈfrēdəm/
    Noun:
    The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
    Absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government.

Freedom is choice
    Freedom to copy share and create (Digital Millennium Copyright Act Audio home recording act. 1992 )

Sharing on the internet previously treated as "Innocent until proven guilty." But now Guilty until proven innocent, you can not share until you prove that you're not sharing something they don't approve of. (Source: here)

Freedom to choose from the choices you have been provided.

You do realise you can just keep a log on your computer right? Just create a word document or something.

If here it forces me to keep using it, I would feel slightly more stupid if doing this and saving to a word document as strange as that may seem. I'm not harming anyone by doing it here I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If here it forces me to keep using it, I would feel slightly more stupid if doing this and saving to a word document as strange as that may seem. I'm not harming anyone by doing it here I hope.
    Probably not. Good luck anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Sean.

~ random brainstorming about the topic. Freedom on the internet is relevant at the moment and hasn't been discussed to death, although going by a few youtube searches there aren't a lot of helpful videos on the topic of freedom in general.

Don't go off on a tangent about internet freedom, make it one point in an argument full of other points on freedom, in different areas. When people think of freedom they usually think of dictators, religious stigma, laws that intrude on personal lives (i.e. gay marriage laws). When forming an argument, hold your audience in mind, talk about things that relate to them. Sadly, the majority of people neither understand nor care about SOPA so I would not write so much about that.

Sean. wrote: »
    Don't go off on a tangent about internet freedom, make it one point in an argument full of other points on freedom, in different areas. When people think of freedom they usually think of dictators, religious stigma, laws that intrude on personal lives (i.e. gay marriage laws). When forming an argument, hold your audience in mind, talk about things that relate to them. Sadly, the majority of people neither understand nor care about SOPA so I would not write so much about that.

Thanks for that, I was really getting a bit carried away with that idea, I'll keep the point on internet and other media freedom under a page. Thanks for the ideas too, I forgot to think about laws like gay marriage completely.

Today's things to do:
    Maths: 30 minutes of any 3D trigonometry questions.

English: 4A4 of Freedom essay due for Wednesday, questions on Wordsworth poem 'Skating'

French: Comprehension.

6pm start - fun fun fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Fantastic start to this idea, left all my books in school so I'm going to start on an English essay due on Wednesday.

Personal writing: Write a personal essay about your understanding of freedom and why you think it is important. -- 3-4 A4 pages.

free·dom/ˈfrēdəm/
    Noun:
    The power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
    Absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government.

Freedom is choice
    Freedom to copy share and create (Digital Millennium Copyright Act Audio home recording act. 1992 )

Sharing on the internet previously treated as "Innocent until proven guilty." But now Guilty until proven innocent, you can not share until you prove that you're not sharing something they don't approve of. (Source: here)

Freedom to choose from the choices you have been provided.

A good one to do on freedom would be the lack of freedom you currently have, your mother knowing where you are and what your doing at all time, you can't wait to go to college to experience true freedom, thank your mother for making you appreciate freedom. A1 no problem if you have a way with words.

A good one to do on freedom would be the lack of freedom you currently have, your mother knowing where you are and what your doing at all time, you can't wait to go to college to experience true freedom, thank your mother for making you appreciate freedom. A1 no problem if you have a way with words.

I've got far too much freedom, I'd end up writing about how I'm not allowed to rent out our front room for crack money. I've got more freedom now than I will in college, I have the money to go out at the moment! Ohhh there's an idea. Without money I assume I have no freedom. I'm not free at all! I'm trapped by societies green($) grasp firmly around my ankles. This essay has done nothing but make me feel less free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I've got far too much freedom, I'd end up writing about how I'm not allowed to rent out our front room for crack money. I've got more freedom now than I will in college, I have the money to go out at the moment! Ohhh there's an idea. Without money I assume I have no freedom. I'm not free at all! I'm trapped by societies green($) grasp firmly around my ankles. This essay has done nothing but make me feel less free!

I did an essay on freedom there last week. Not sure if it'd suit you but I talked about the freedom of expression and thought, and how I'd be devastated if I were to live in a world where these were taken from me. Brought in some things about totalitarianism, and touched on things like SOPA/ACTA

I did an essay on freedom there last week. Not sure if it'd suit you but I talked about the freedom of expression and thought, and how I'd be devastated if I were to live in a world where these were taken from me. Brought in some things about totalitarianism, and touched on things like SOPA/ACTA

I haven't touched on freedom of thought, thanks for that idea!

Advertisement