Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working visa australia?

Options
  • 05-02-2012 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I am planning on moving to Australia to look for work. I have looked into the working holiday visa but as I am over 32 I am not eligible. I do not have a trade either so cannot apply for that visa.
    How are my chances on just travelling there on a holiday visa and just staying there and looking for unskilled work, perhaps in the mines?
    are there any other visas I can apply for?

regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

rugbyball wrote: »
    Hi, I am planning on moving to Australia to look for work. I have looked into the working holiday visa but as I am over 32 I am not eligible. I do not have a trade either so cannot apply for that visa.
    How are my chances on just travelling there on a holiday visa and just staying there and looking for unskilled work, perhaps in the mines?

regards

You don't watch nothing to declare? You are talking about staying there illegally im guessing and I wouldn't advise it. On that program they have caught people out going on holiday visas but having paperwork in relation to work, australian phone number, not having enough cash for their stay etc. So many ways to get caught and if you do manage to stay there you won't be paying tax or anything and australia are wise the amount of jobs you can work in illegally so customs show up and ask for the paperwork, very often illegals are sent home with no hope of getting back in to OZ for life.

Anyway if you call one of the australia visa agencies they will be able to advise you better. But going anywhere illegally you will always be watching your back and the risks are high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

There was a thread a while ago, you can enter on a holiday visa and get sponsored on that, but to get a job you would have to go through a trial period first and you cannot Volunteer, the other option was to enter on a student visa but apparently cost prohibitive, what do/did you do over here???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

The Aussie wrote: »
    There was a thread a while ago, you can enter on a holiday visa and get sponsored on that, but to get a job you would have to go through a trial period first and you cannot Volunteer, the other option was to enter on a student visa but apparently cost prohibitive, what do/did you do over here???

There have been a few threads lately on pomsinoz.com and entering on a tourist visa to find a sponsor carries a 3 year ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

HaHaHa, poms in oz, what a name for a site, i dont think i will go there though.

No Visa+Unskilled+Mines=Dreaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

rugbyball wrote: »

regards

Risky risky risky :eek::eek::eek:

teepee wrote: »
    Risky risky risky :eek::eek::eek:

My thoughts exactly. Even if he went years without being found out he would never be able to stay there legally even through marriage cause id imagine they then see he was there illegally and just deport him marriage or not.

Gareth2011 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. Even if he went years without being found out he would never be able to stay there legally even through marriage cause id imagine they then see he was there illegally and just deport him marriage or not.

A ban only affects a temporary visa like 457 Sponsorship, student visa, Holiday visa etc not a Permanent visa.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    A ban only affects a temporary visa like 457 Sponsorship, student visa, Holiday visa etc not a Permanent visa.

But if there illegally in the first place, meets an OZ woman and wants to get married when they go to get married will it not show up that he is there illegally and they would still permit a marriage even tho he was there illegally there in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Closing illegal visa question.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement