Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor ya sly dogs...

• 05-02-2012 4:37pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭

425993_3156793322453_1343831582_33139806_932886055_n.jpg

Need i say any more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

They going to start charging for Tethering now ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I dont get that messege?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Me neither are you on bill pay or pay as you go ?

I'm bill pay btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bill pay here too and no such message.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm billpay!

the option was there previously on 5.0, haven't done it since i upgraded to 5.0.1 until this morning when i wanted to use the ipad to check something...

if they are charging i'll just use mywi or something like that, but it's sick that we're back to these tactics of double charging for data....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'm with emobile and tethered this afternoon and got no message

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not getting that message either, am meteor billpay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

HI OP.

Contact them and let us know the outcome. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

That'll be me out of my contract if they try that.
    OP - did you get the iPhone from Meteor ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

there's nothing in the term and conditions notifications since 2010

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

I got that before. Restarted the phone and could use hotspot again after I activated it again.

I think it's more worrying that they are refusing to unlock their iPhones. Bought an iPhone from them in payg. Now on bill pay. Rang them to enquire about getting it network unlocked at some stage since I'm on a 30 day contract (originally a payg phone) and they said that they are unable to unlock iPhones and could give no indication as to when they will be able to!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

sillymoo wrote: »
    I got that before. Restarted the phone and could use hotspot again after I activated it again.

I think it's more worrying that they are refusing to unlock their iPhones. Bought an iPhone from them in payg. Now on bill pay. Rang them to enquire about getting it network unlocked at some stage since I'm on a 30 day contract (originally a payg phone) and they said that they are unable to unlock iPhones and could give no indication as to when they will be able to!

Like all other operators, they put in a request to Apple for your IMEI and Apple unlock it. They are talking horse manure.

whiterebel wrote: »
    sillymoo wrote: »

Like all other operators, they put in a request to Apple for your IMEI and Apple unlock it. They are talking horse manure.
    Of course they are. They are refusing to do it, claiming that they can't! They just won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Not getting that measage and i'm meteor bollpay, might it be down to my phone being jailbroken?

I'm also jailbroken.

Haven't had a chance to ring them yet to see what's happening...

Spent over 2 hours on the phone with meteor, the first agent I was speaking to was adamant that it was an issue with my phone and that I should send it back to apple for repair.

Second agent I was speaking to was able to tell me that there was a number of 'unknown diverts' on my account, and the technical team was able to remove them, and all I'd have to do then would be restart my phone and try to activate the hot spot again...

Low and behold, I'm getting the same error.

They are some shower of idiots.

And now, that they have reset everything on my account, or so they say, I'm plagued by the problems I was having before Christmas, apps not loading, YouTube is unresponsive, pages take aaaaaaaages to load on safari....

:-(

FML, why didn't I leave well enough alone and just use mywi!

Spent over an hour this morning on the phone to meteor, kept getting through to an agent, explained my issue, put on hold, and kept being put in to the que.

This happened 7-8 times before I got sick of repeating myself to each agent I got through to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

The old "diverts" trick. Tech support love using that one to get the CC rep off the line. Tbf to everyone involved in customer/technical support, they're all really limited in what they can do and at times it can be just as frustrating for them as it is for you.

This is speaking as someone who actually tries to help the people he comes in contact with as opposed to transferring them to another department. But if you called me about this, having never come across it before, the best I can do is look up internet forums to see if it's a common problem (which I'm sure you've already done a hundred times before contacting us - although you'd be amazed at the amount of people who don't try a simple google search before calling us), have a look at your account to see if there are any bars or other things preventing access and then call technical support, who are also very limited and will tend to "clear diverts" in the hopes that it will sort the problem - which it rarely does.

Outside of that, I would say it seems like a handset issue (which it sort of does, seeing as others here are not getting the same issue as you) and that you should visit a store to see if they're familiar with the problem as they are more experienced with individual handsets. And don't forget we've got to do this and try and keep the call time within reasonable limits. People's anger towards customer support is understandable but people need to have some understanding of the limits placed on us too by the very nature of our job.

Fair play for your reply on this matter, much appreciated.

I've been on holidays for the last week so i haven't really had time to figure this out.

It's not something that i really use a hell of a lot, but i liked the fact i could do it from time to time, and it just seems strange that it's happened now all of a shot....

Advertisement