Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

women and rugby (just an observation)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

df1985 wrote: »
    Girls i know that like it also like the middle class social aspect to it, i.e. they want to pull a rich husband from the southside.

Which southside ? And why so selective ? Rugby is played all over Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

They just fancy the players, it's kinda funny actually how many girls have said they think rugby is ''really hot'' yet they can never answer any questions about it, I think a lot of them just say it because it's in fashion now as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Laisurg wrote: »
    They just fancy the players

Condescending much?

Sometimes when I read these sorts of threads in AH, I realize why some women are feminists, or get defensive about their gender.

If someone suggested I only watched Tipperary women beat the shit out of Cork and Kilkenny for five years because I wanted to drool over these camogie players, I don't know whether I'd be more bewildered or amused.

Some women, even if they don't like sports, like to get involved to whatever level they do understand, and it's the same for men.

Why are we excluding men from this debate anyway? Do you seriously not know any men who don't know a whole lot about sport, but like to get involved in the rough and tumble of the commentary in the pub or in front of the TV on a Sunday evening? It's just a bit of light hearted amusement, for these people. Lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

weedhead wrote: »
    im sitting here watching the Ireland/Wales match and the odd time im goin onto Facebook. Everytime i log on some girl has a post analysing the match, these are girls that haven't a f*cking clue about sports in general, wtf is this all about? Can anyone explain this new trend, or is it just me?

Id say you'de be in heaven if we were all living back in the 1940's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fourteen

Why can't women park either? It's a disgrace imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

It goes both ways. Both guys and girls, but more girls than guys can be infuriatingly annoying when they talk about rugby when its plainly obvious that they really haven't got a fúcking clue about what they're talking about.

Shít like, 'that's not a fúcking penalty.' You feel like turning around and shouting, 'yes it is you stupid fúcking cúnt, Heaslip is about 5 yards off you blind fúck.' Very infuriating..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Laisurg wrote: »
    They just fancy the players, it's kinda funny actually how many girls have said they think rugby is ''really hot'' yet they can never answer any questions about it, I think a lot of them just say it because it's in fashion now as well.

Yeh right
    I have a friend who would possible run rings around you she is that fast on the wing
    The numbers are going up and up in ladies rugby and yes they do know the rules infacta there are a few female refs coming through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Fourteen wrote: »

Why can't women park either? It's a disgrace imo.
    Lol I along with some othe women I know park using our actual wing mirrors
    Generalisation's much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Maybe because the modern game of rugby is far superior to any other field sport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

laugh wrote: »
    Maybe because the modern game of rugby is far superior to any other field sport?

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fourteen

laugh wrote: »

lol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Fourteen wrote: »
    lol?

Oh wait what's better? Soccer where 95% of the match is spent tapping it around midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, fun's over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement