Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Te$co refusing Pigsback coupons?

• 05-02-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭

I did a big shop in Mahon Point today. I handed in 6 pigsback vouchers and they were refused! She told me they're not accepting pigsback coupons any more. I handed back the items I was buyng with the coupons as I may as well purchase them in Dunnes or Supervalu if they won't take my coupons in Te$co. And I'll do more of my other shopping there now too.

Is this the case everywhere or has anyone else had problems with the Cork shops? :(

I know there's a pigsback thread but thought this was more of a coupon forum issue, no?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I did a big shop in Mahon Point today. I handed in 6 pigsback vouchers and they were refused! She told me they're not accepting pigsback coupons any more. I handed back the items I was buyng with the coupons as I may as well purchase them in Dunnes or Supervalu if they won't take my coupons in Te$co. And I'll do more of my other shopping there now too.

Is this the case everywhere or has anyone else had problems with the Cork shops? :(

I know there's a pigsback thread but thought this was more of a coupon forum issue, no?
    Contact pigsback. They can contact the tesco manger and ask why they did not accept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Yeah think I will, thanks. They always accepted them before but she told me they stopped last week and I thought I saw here that some other Te$cos had stopped too recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Helium

My own experience of this is usually the Till operator taking easy option.
    i.e. they for whatever reason don't understand concept of coupons due to lack of training instore,or just can't be arsed.

Best approach if this happens to you is to ask for a manager to be called regardless of Q forming behind you and query.Like above poster stated if no satisfactory answer forthcoming contact Pigsback and inform them.

Happened me couple of times and manager informed operator to accept.

Power To The Couponers:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I mentioned this before in the couponing thread. My local T have issues with photocopied Pigsback coupons being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

All fine in Wicklow Town as Saturday...

I find it very strange that if Tesco as a company decided not to accept coupons anymore a site like Pigsback doesn't report it anywhere but still states clearly that Tesco accepts their coupons.

Also, I think it would be the wrong moment for Tesco to make a move like that.

I am waiting for more developements...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

She told me they're not accepting pigsback coupons any more. I handed back the items I was buyng with the coupons as I may as well purchase them in Dunnes or Supervalu if they won't take my coupons in Te$co.
    Nice one, fair play to ya. But you could have gone further and walked away leaving a week's shopping on the checkout area.

Vouchers is vouchers and business is business. They will get paid, and its not a lot of work for them to claim from pigsback.

The retailers who 'decide' not to honour them need to catch up with the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

No problems in my local tesco taking any of the coupons here pigsback or other. But have had lots of trouble in supervalu to the point I just don't shop there anymore, last time I was there I was told they won't accept photocopied pigsback coupons, told them mine weren't photocopied and were printed straight from the pigsback page and they said how do we know that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

sassa wrote: »
    No problems in my local tesco taking any of the coupons here pigsback or other. But have had lots of trouble in supervalu to the point I just don't shop there anymore, last time I was there I was told they won't accept photocopied pigsback coupons, told them mine weren't photocopied and were printed straight from the pigsback page and they said how do we know that? :rolleyes:

Pigsback coupons have a name on that, they can ask for your I.D. and know that is reasonabily true that you printed them yourself.
    I had the same problem as my coupons were black and white but with that answer they had to give in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I agree about operators not being arsed.... happened to me twice in our local tescos in the past and both times i asked for line manager and they were accepted right away.

I think this was just a one off Jessica Fletcher... not to worry.

You gotta have strength on you sometimes when shopping with coupons as the last time i went to SV, the till op rang a bell and started waving to line manager stating i had coupons - she then came over confirmed with till op for what felt like a minute or two and happily accepted them... but it just felt like i was going through passport control in a foreign country! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭uli84

oh never going to Supervalu with coupons again, that's all I can say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

I've rarely had problems with coupons in Tesco (maybe once or twice ever), and my local SV is also happy to accept coupons, but have almost always had trouble in Dunnes. The one in Blanch has previously refused to accept coupons when the product was already on offer - that said it's been a while since I've shopped there cos I was put off with the coupon problems, so don't know if things have changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Pigsback coupons have your name and a security id on the top right.

This ID needs to be different on every coupon.

The terms say that they CAN be b&w or colour. So as long as the ID is different I'd point out the b&w option when asked if they are photocopies.

BTW.,.Tesco are doing Kingsmill for €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

I just used 4 photocopied Pigsback vouchers in Tesco Galway Shopping Center on Friday... All had the same voucher code too and had no problem! (I kept the 5th one to photocopy some more lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just used 4 photocopied Pigsback vouchers in Tesco Galway Shopping Center on Friday... All had the same voucher code too and had no problem! (I kept the 5th one to photocopy some more lol)

You're breaking the rules of using the coupons and making it difficult for the rest of us

tatranska is spot on there...

There is no hassle in printing off your pigsback coupons each time... the security id needs to be different on each coupon though.

I know it means printing off the coupons - then going back to the page and reselecting - and then printing off again... but they are the rules.

Now go and sit in the bold corner Alanerin218! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

You're breaking the rules of using the coupons and making it difficult for the rest of us

Well said. The rules for Pigsback coupons are simple to follow, so please don't give the supermarkets any reason to have an issue in accepting them. It's not complicated, don't be lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Binka wrote: »
    Well said. The rules for Pigsback coupons are simple to follow, so please don't give the supermarkets any reason to have an issue in accepting them. It's not complicated, don't be lazy.

It had nothing to do with being Lazy, I just didn't know it was a rule. Now I do. No need to be rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

You dont need to do that. There is no print limit on pigsback. You can print as many as you like and they will all have different codes.

It had nothing to do with being Lazy, I just didn't know it was a rule. Now I do. No need to be rude.

No one here is trying to be rude alanerin218... its just everyone needs to be singing off the same hymn sheet - the big stores are sticky when it comes to coupons... and no one here wants them to have any excuse to stop accepting them.

Thats all.

Back on topic... Jessica F, i think the till op not accepting them is ridiculous and you should have no bother in calling the line manager... they will normally accept them without quibble... its like someone on here said earlier... coupons are money to them.

Advertisement