Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coupon trade

• 05-02-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I have some tesco coupons I don't need if anyone would like to trade.

- 40 extra points when you spend 4e or more on tesco beauty or toiletries valid to 25 march

- 40 extra points when you buy any tesco cakes valid to 25 march

- 25 points when you buy tesco toilet tissue valid to 25 march

- €1 off fairy non bio gel or tabs valid to 25 march

Please feel free to add your own for trade to this thread .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

You've started in interesting thread but I thought you had to use these coupons in conjunction with your club card ?

(especially the extra points ones)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Brian is right... they are linked to your own clubcard.

So if for instance, you traded me your 40 extra points when you spend 4e or more on tesco beauty or toiletries valid to 25 march... and i used it, the points would go on your clubcard irishchick! :D

So trading clubcard points has no point (no pun intended!) as they will differ back to the original clubcard they are linked to.

Would it not be better if you scanned the €1 off fairy non bio gel or tabs valid to 25 march coupon and shared it on here for everyone to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Access wrote: »
    Brian is right... they are linked to your own clubcard.

So if for instance, you traded me your 40 extra points when you spend 4e or more on tesco beauty or toiletries valid to 25 march... and i used it, the points would go on your clubcard irishchick! :D

So trading clubcard points has no point (no pun intended!) as they will differ back to the original clubcard they are linked to.

Would it not be better if you scanned the €1 off fairy non bio gel or tabs valid to 25 march coupon and shared it on here for everyone to use?
    The fairy is a tesco coupon too. I think anyone could use it but it can't be a copy.

I'd be happy to give others points if it's something I buy anyway.

Then maybe someone could use one of mine if it's something they buy regularly , sort of like helping each other get more club card points?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Do you not get that you have to use the clubcard that matches the coupon?
    It has your name and clubcard number on it and has to be used in conjunction with the card.

Ah right, i get you now... but how would you trade without losing out on sending them to another person from here...

by the time you pay 55c for a stamp and envelope to send it off to someone, you are down the price of the coupon and they wont be accepted by tesco if they are scanned or photocopied unfortunately.

I cant see how this would work - wouldnt just posting coupons on the thread be the same as trading?

If i come across a coupon that isnt up on here... im just going to scan and post so everyone has the use of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Very interesting, just marking my place to see how this unfolds.

Would the value of the points, amount to only a little over the postage?

oops sorry x-post!!

One way we earn extra points is to issue extra clubcard key fobs (the ones you get from tesco to go on your carkeys) to other members of the family who dont collect points for themselves.

For instance, our relatives shop in tesco every so often but dont have a clubcard so we gave them a spare clubcard keyfob belonging to us so that we earn points on their shopping - they are happy to do so and we earn a few extra points.

Access wrote: »
    Ah right, i get you now... but how would you trade without losing out on sending them to another person from here...

by the time you pay 55c for a stamp and envelope to send it off to someone, you are down the price of the coupon and they wont be accepted by tesco if they are scanned or photocopied unfortunately.

I cant see how this would work - wouldnt just posting coupons on the thread be the same as trading?

If i come across a coupon that isnt up on here... im just going to scan and post so everyone has the use of it.

It would be a swap for the same value coupon. So the postage would cancel each other out.

So for example I send you a coupon for €1 off fairy and you send me a coupon that you don't need but I want for the same value. We both pay 55c for a stamp but multiple coupons could be sent in the same envelope.

If you combine the coupon with a store offer there is a potential for a good saving.

Just an idea as I can't scan the fairy one, a print won't be taken but this way someone could make use of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lilu

I don't know if this could be handy however if u live in the same area u could exchange whithout ur money loose for postage:) Provide only area:)

lilu wrote: »
    I don't know if this could be handy however if u live in the same area u could exchange whithout ur money loose for postage:) Provide only area:)

If someone was sending you coupons back you wouldn't be loosing you would break even. t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sparklespark

Hi, I have a 10euro Brazilia Voucher Locations: South William Street and Sandyford office park. It is a pigsback Voucher. I selected it by accident. Any offers considered - Can post ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lillybruce

Like it....

Advertisement