Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lovefashion

Options
  • 05-02-2012 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Anyone know where I can sell my designer clothes and shoes in Dublin?
    I don't want to give it away!
    This is good stuff and would love to hand it over to someone else to sell it for me. I don't feel comfortable selling it on done deal or ebay

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Why not try our sister site adverts.ie? You can use your boards.ie username and password, and it's very easy to use.

This forum is for people who have questions about the actual boards.ie site itself.

Best of luck selling your stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lovefashion

Looks like a very good site where I may buy something in the future but what I am looking for is somebody who sells second hand clothes or sells designer clothes second hand to take the lot off my hands and sell them for me. The clothes are all designer labels and cost me a fortune at the time and now that money is tight I would love to get some money for them. I would not have the time to sell each item or to deal with each individual customer. Thanks for the reply

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Then this is not the site for you. You are not permitted to post anything to do with selling items on this site. If you do, especially after being told here, it's highly likely you'll be banned from the site completely.

To be honest, I don't know where you're going to find someone who will sell clothes for you, because for most people it doesn't sound right. Those could be stolen items they have been given to sold, and they could be imprisoned for handling stolen goods whether they knew they were stolen or not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your items are stolen, but I'm looking at this from the worst point of view. You're brand new to the site and the sole reason you seem to want to use this site for is to find a proxy seller - which is very, very rare, it is bound to make people very suspicious, and is definitely not permitted on this site.

I don't want to sell them. I want find a place that will sell my clothes. I have been to some trift shops who would give me nothing. somebody recommended a place in Malahide but it turns out they have closed down. I just need a place or a shop or a second hand clothes shop (degigner labels) who will sells good quality clothes for me! :rolleyes:

I understand what you mean, but boards can't help you to do what you want to do. The site's Terms of Use that you agreed to follow when you signed up to use boards.ie don't allow you to do it involving this site, or any of its users.

Sorry, but if that's all you want this site for, then this site is definitely not for you.

• Advertisement

I am just looking to discuss the selling of second hand clothes and information on this topic
    Just as the following sites are.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75680878
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75291929
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65052638

Then go ahead and discuss selling second hand clothes. Discuss away. That's what the site is for. I would imagine the best forum to discuss selling second hand clothes would be the Fashion & Appearance forum, so feel free to start a thread over there ONLY about:
    the selling of second hand clothes and information on this topic.

Remember, you're not allowed to ask boards.ie members to be proxy sellers for you. From what I've gathered, you're looking for businesses who take your clothes, sell them, and retain a fee for the service?

If this is the case, then state that clearly when you post. You will obviously have to say where you are in the country.

Best of luck.

I am sorry if I misled you or anybody else. I am a housewife trying to get my head around the internet. I don’t even know what a proxy seller is.:confused:

I have provided more than enough information to help you understand how this site works, what is permitted, what is not permitted, and which forum may be suitable for you should you wish to:
    discuss the selling of second hand clothes and information on this topic.
    This forum, which is named "Newbies & FAQ" is for new boards.ie users to ask questions about how the site works. I believe I have adequately explained how the site works, and that I have answered your question that you originally asked, which I will do one more time for the sake of clarity:

Your question was:
    Anyone know where I can sell my designer clothes and shoes in Dublin?

I provided you with a link to the Fashion & Appearance forum and I will also offer you a link to the Dublin City forum in case you might want to ask in there instead, or as well.

We understand you do not want to give your items away for free, but instead you:
    would love to hand it over to someone else to sell it for me.
    so I think the best place to post this would be in either of the forums above.

A final word of advice: If you compose a message and post it in Fashion & Appearance, it would be wise to contact the moderators of the Dublin City forum (either Des, or Makikomi, or The Hill Billy) and ask them if it's ok to put the same post in their forum. This is called cross-posting, and is generally not permitted unless you ask for permission from the moderators of the second forum where you wish to post the same information, and permission is granted. If this happens, you should write down the end that this post was approved by [insert name of Moderator].

Before I close this thread, a proxy seller is someone who agrees to sell your clothes for you, and keeps a pre-agreed percentage for their services, because they essentially worked for you, and then gives you the rest of the money.

Bear in mind I'm not at all saying your clothes are stolen, but (for example) if it turned out they were, and the proxy seller was found with them in his car ready to sell at a boot sale, he would be arrested and charged with handling stolen goods, and you have plausible deniability because there's no evidence which links you to the clothes except his word!

I am closing this thread now because there is nothing else I can do for you except to advise you to take this matter to either one of the forums above, or go and find somewhere yourself.

Best of luck.

Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement