Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from sailing from sailing for a month

Options
  • 05-02-2012 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

I advertised an out board for sale on the sailing forum.I was told after I got a months ban that it wasn't allowed.A simple pm telling me this would have sufficed and i could have retracted the tread and I feel a months ban for a genuine mistake such as this is to excessive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Apologies for the delay here. We're a bit short handed in the Sports department at the moment. I've been in touch with the mod. I'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

OK, the mod in question has decided to reduce the ban. I'm surprised though that you thought it was OK to post up an ad given that you've been a member for years and have over 1300 posts on the site (the mod was surprised too....hence the original ban duration). The site would be a disaster zone if anyone could post an ad up in any forum.

Anyway....I think we're done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Khannie wrote: »
    OK, the mod in question has decided to reduce the ban. I'm surprised though that you thought it was OK to post up an ad given that you've been a member for years and have over 1300 posts on the site (the mod was surprised too....hence the original ban duration). The site would be a disaster zone if anyone could post an ad up in any forum.

Anyway....I think we're done here.
    Thank you.The reson I posted was i didnt see a sale/wanted section and i thought i was able to place it in the general boating section.Anyway sorry for the hassle and thanks again for the help.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I have to admit I'm a bit confused as to why you're offering something for sale on boards.ie when you're clearly aware of adverts.ie, having placed 8 ads there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Some sections of boards have sale and wanted sections i.e the airsoft or shooting. and in my mistake I thought I could post an add in the boating section as it did not have sale/wanted.

Anyway thanks for clearing this up and my apologies once again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement