Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Moosey

Options
  • 05-02-2012 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

I had to put an end to the oul boys suffering today. He clipped a gate a few weeks back on a hunt and fractured the tip of his cannon bone. Heard him struggling in the box at 5am so went out myself and put an end to it. My daughter called me a murderer earlier but I'm sure she will get over it at some stage. R.I.P old pal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 strik

I had to put an end to the oul boys suffering today. He clipped a gate a few weeks back on a hunt and fractured the tip of his cannon bone. Heard him struggling in the box at 5am so went out myself and put an end to it. My daughter called me a murderer earlier but I'm sure she will get over it at some stage. R.I.P old pal.

you are pulling the piss I hope??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

I wouldn't joke about something so close to me and the family, had that hunter for 4 years. If you are wondering why I didn't get the vet in was because the local fella took 3 attempts to put my neighbours horse to sleep a couple of months back.

How did you kill him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

It is hard enough even discussing it but he didn't suffer anyway. Clean job that the professionals do. the box rest wasn't working and the leg was infected so not much else to be done for him. No motivation to even contemplating getting another hunter.

lethal injection?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Sorry to hear that. It must have been very difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

What a lot of people don't understand is that if a horse is in enough pain they will literally attempt to commit suicide, this in itself is neither quick, painless nor clean. If a horse is attempting to bang its head off something you do it no favours by making it wait for a vet to arrive. The quickest end possible is by far the most humane thing in such a situation. Thankfully not a situation I have been in with one of my own, but if it happened I would hope I had enough nerve to do right by the horse.

Advertisement