Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenue dept. worker to get golden handshake of €381,000

• 05-02-2012 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

"The outgoing Revenue Commissioner Michael O'Grady will receive a golden handshake retirement package worth in excess of €381,000, all paid for by taxpayers, the Sunday Independent can reveal.
    Mr O'Grady retired last Wednesday after 39 years' service in order to maximise his pension benefits and to avoid the pending government cuts to retirement packages for public servants.
    His generous package comes despite the Revenue's disastrous public relations blunder that saw the agency send thousands of threatening letters to pensioners who had paid all their taxes as well as tens of thousands more letters to pensioners who had accidentally failed to pay taxes on pensions.
    New figures obtained by this newspaper show that Mr O'Grady will receive an after-tax lump sum of €286,940 and an annual gross pension of €94,142."

[I"]According to the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, Mr O'Grady is retiring under normal civil service pension terms[/I]"http://www.independent.ie/national-news/revenue-boss-to-get-golden-handshake-of-381000-3010359.html

No recession for some. Good to know someone is doing well for themselves in Ireland. 99.99 % of the people who pay their taxes to the revenue do not enjoy a big lump sum pension and €94,142 a year pension.
    Most pensioners have their mortgages paid + kids educated. Who the **** in this state needs an annual 94k when retired, courtesy of the taxpayer ?

Should some servants get pensions almost three times the average industrial wage?
    What pension would you get if you retired ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

gigino wrote: »
    "The outgoing Revenue Commissioner Michael O'Grady will receive a golden handshake retirement package worth in excess of €381,000, all paid for by taxpayers, the Sunday Independent can reveal.
    Mr O'Grady retired last Wednesday after 39 years' service in order to maximise his pension benefits and to avoid the pending government cuts to retirement packages for public servants.
    His generous package comes despite the Revenue's disastrous public relations blunder that saw the agency send thousands of threatening letters to pensioners who had paid all their taxes as well as tens of thousands more letters to pensioners who had accidentally failed to pay taxes on pensions.
    New figures obtained by this newspaper show that Mr O'Grady will receive an after-tax lump sum of €286,940 and an annual gross pension of €94,142."

[I"]According to the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, Mr O'Grady is retiring under normal civil service pension terms[/I]"http://www.independent.ie/national-news/revenue-boss-to-get-golden-handshake-of-381000-3010359.html

No recession for some. Good to know someone is doing well for themselves in Ireland. 99.99 % of the people who pay their taxes to the revenue do not enjoy a big lump sum pension and €94,142 a year pension.
    Most pensioners have their mortgages paid + kids educated. Who the **** in this state needs an annual 94k when retired, courtesy of the taxpayer ?

Should some servants get pensions almost three times the average industrial wage?
    What pension would you get if you retired ?

Well if the Sindo says I must hate him then I guess I better. I'll be giving out about him in the pub tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Well if the Sindo says I must hate him then I guess I better. I'll be giving out about him in the pub tomorrow night.

No, they're saying you should aspire to be him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

No, they're saying you should aspire to be him.

Aspire to make money? Are you serious?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He was paid to do a job, and is getting the pension that his contributions entitle him to. Where's the problem? Why are there always begrudgers?

Advertisement