Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social outlets in Laois??

Options
  • 05-02-2012 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Anyone any suggestions for social clubs or weekend activities in Laois? I'm late 30's and would like to shake up my social life!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

It depends where in Laois you are ,to be honest.

The county is rather spread out- but some towns have an active social scene.
    Depends on your hobbies also,obviously.
    Can advise only if you're into drama,comedy,theatre...and in the Portlaoise and surrounding area.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Storming

msthe80s wrote: »
    It depends where in Laois you are ,to be honest.

The county is rather spread out- but some towns have an active social scene.
    Depends on your hobbies also,obviously.
    Can advise only if you're into drama,comedy,theatre...and in the Portlaoise and surrounding area.

Am based in Portlaoise so any advice/information very welcome, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Look up Dunamaise theatre and arts centre www.dunamaise.ie -sometimes they have workshops, great shows and films that don't make it to Storm cinema due to disinterest,I presume.

Kavanagh's Comedy Club main street have shows some fridays- advertised in pub and in local papers.

Open Door Drama Group- if you're into drama let me know and I'll pass on the number of a friend who does it.

Get yourself down to the Parish Centre or get a copy of local papers to see what's on.

And of course there's all of us wonderful Laois boardsies who meet very often for drinks and chats......
    as the newbie,you get to organise the next meet up!!
    Welcome aboard.

(Will add more if it comes to me later.)

http://www.meetup.com/Laois-social-network-group/ see above thread,things to do in Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 self

msthe80s wrote: »
    Look up Dunamaise theatre and arts centre www.dunamaise.ie -sometimes they have workshops, great shows and films that don't make it to Storm cinema due to disinterest,I presume.

Kavanagh's Comedy Club main street have shows some fridays- advertised in pub and in local papers.

Open Door Drama Group- if you're into drama let me know and I'll pass on the number of a friend who does it.

Get yourself down to the Parish Centre or get a copy of local papers to see what's on.

And of course there's all of us wonderful Laois boardsies who meet very often for drinks and chats......
    as the newbie,you get to organise the next meet up!!
    Welcome aboard.

(Will add more if it comes to me later.)

http://www.meetup.com/Laois-social-network-group/ see above thread,things to do in Laois.

I have joined Laois soical Network Group. It not bad, just getting started so not many people have joined yet. There is a walk on this weekend if anyone wants to join. You can check it out on face book http://www.facebook.com/groups/laoissocialgroup/
    or the other site mentioned earlier.

Advertisement