Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allsop auction March 1 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Hate to always sound negative about the property situation in Ireland on here but that list is laughable!

Of course someone else might see something but not one building would interest me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Interesting that they call them flats, that won't go down well with those who paid 300k+ at the peak for a similar flat aka apartment in their eyes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

gurramok wrote: »
    Interesting that they call them flats, that won't go down well with those who paid 300k+ at the peak for a similar flat aka apartment in their eyes!!

UK auction house. They've always been called flats there.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Is there a catelogoue you can buy I thought which give more detail, for instance that all legal papers are in order on the building etc etc :).. See one commerical office in Dublin 7 thats about it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Thing I noticed immediately was that the reserves for the Tannery apartments are up on last year. From 85k-90k.

Was only interested because I used to rent there :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

lets get technical here, I only recently found out the difference between an apartment and flat: a flat takes up the entire floor whereas an apartment is part of a floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

lets get technical here, I only recently found out the difference between an apartment and flat: a flat takes up the entire floor whereas an apartment is part of a floor.

So all other things being equal a flat would be considered better.

To me an apartment has always being the more modern buzz word for a flat...a flat with a more modern snazzy name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

"Reserve price will not exceed this figure" - does that mean the reserve could be less than the quoted figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

To me an apartment has always being the more modern buzz word for a flat...a flat with a more modern snazzy name...

From my experience, flats in Dublin are generally one floor of an old Georgian house where you can hear everything from the people above you. But there could be some nice ones around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

matrim wrote: »
    From my experience, flats in Dublin are generally one floor of an old Georgian house where you can hear everything from the people above you. But there could be some nice ones around.

And in that case from the technical description, my modern rental is not an apartment but a flat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

BESman wrote: »
    "Reserve price will not exceed this figure" - does that mean the reserve could be less than the quoted figures?

Yes. They don't disclose the actual reserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

An appartment is a section of a floor of a building where a flat is an entire floor in theory. Not been used correctly by many for a long time so the meaning is in effect changed to mean either

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

indiewindy wrote: »
    They have just launched their first auction of 2012, 100 lots in it,prices continuing to fall, lots of flats in it
    http://www.auction.co.uk/irish/onlineCatalogue.asp

Dear God talk about a rag tag bunch.
    You have Enniscrone, Killybegs, Glenamaddy, Bundoran, Valentia Island, Strokestown.

For a starters in Enniscrone there are AFAIK 8 houses that have been taken into receivership.
    So why go for this one when there could be 8 coming down the track.

There is a lot more of this type of stuff out there.
    It is when this really starts being offloaded that the price of all property will take another nose dive.

Yep growing up in 70s/80s the only ones I knew living in apartments were relatives in the States.
    Anyone in Ireland or UK were living in flats.

Remember it was the Ballymun Flats not the Ballymun Apartments. ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

matrim wrote: »

But hardly exclusively though and in fairness many of the other flats/ apartments in Dublin/ throughout the country are hardly that well sound proofed either.

As another poster mentions the tower blocks in Ballymun were termed flats. Are they in any regard different to the layout of what would be termed an apartment in more modern day languauge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Very poor list, the dregs of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is there somewhere that has a listing of the prices each property sold for at the auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

deelite wrote: »
    Is there somewhere that has a listing of the prices each property sold for at the auction.

Google is your freind :D

http://www.auction.co.uk/irish/pastResults.asp?A=790

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

moonshadow wrote: »

Cheers for that xxx:D

Advertisement