Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Three Factory Unlock An iPhone 4?

Options
  • 05-02-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

hi, gonna buy and iPhone 4 from adverts.ie thats on three and i want to know can three factory unlock it? if so do i have to get the owner to unlock it or can i when i get the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Well it all depends on whether you're going to buy it on 3pay or Billpay. If you buy it on 3pay, as far as I'm aware, they will unlock it for free. If instead, you decide to buy it on Billpay, I think they charge you a fee of €25 to unlock it during the contract. If you do decide to unlock it while on contract, the money will still be taken from your account each month. Not sure if this helped, hopefully it did. Let me know how you get on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

thanks for the comment, the phone is second hand and im not sure if its on contract or 3pay ill have to find out. but does the owner have to get it unlocked?

It's most probably on 3pay then. If you just ring up 3 they could tell you more. I think they just give you an unlock code. It doesn't really make a difference whether you or the seller gets this code. It would probably be easier if the seller got it though. Here's their number if it's any help anyway 1800 949 546.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

ya ill prob just ask them to unlock it, thanks alot

No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It absolutely does with Three!!!! They will only deal with the original owner of the phone, whether it is 3Pay or on contract.

Do a search on the word unlock here: 3 forum

Advertisement