Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyrim DLC wishlist

Options
  • 05-02-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Okay, so apparently Skyrim DLC will be closer to the Shivering Isles than Operation Anchorage; it was said by Bethesda that the DLC packs would be "meatier".

But the question remains: what would you guys like to see in said DLC packs?

I for one would like to see some or all of the following things appear;

-Hammerfell! It is only across the border and could possibly be accessed through a mountain pass or something similar. Of course this brings with it numerous possibilities story-wise, i.e fighting the Thalmor or the Legion in Hammerfell itself. Potential for monsters is huge- Golems, Jinn, Scorpions, Rocs could feature as well as elephants (Hammerfell is a desert FYI) and I'd love to see the cities also.

-Solstheim! Could easily be recreated from Bloodmoon and isn't too far away from Skyrim plus is small. I'd like the idea of stowing away on a ship to the place, or the inclusion of sea monsters around the island such as the Norse-lore friendly Kraken.

-Oblivion! I'd like to see the ability to travel to Oblivion just as in TESIV. This naturally would bring back stuff like sigil stones. It also would add the monsters we love like the Xivilai, Daedroth, Clannfear, Spider Momma et al, which I think are sorely missing from Conjuration (I enjoyed Conjuration better in Oblivion cause it had more choice).

-Morrowind! Not Vvardenfell now, just the mainland. Am I the only one who'd like to explore the ashen wasteland of Morrowind, devoid of hope, following the eruption of Red Mountain? Of course Dunmer refugees and the Dwemer would be significant influences here, and the many creatures in TESIII could make a return (Cliff Racers!.....no). Some of mainland Morrowind also appeared in Tribunal.

-Arena! How about if you travel to the rebuilt city of Kvatch to fight in the arena, either voluntarily for glory or by force. You build a reputation for yourself, choose a name, gather riches and fame etc. and are confined to the city of Kvatch, which is highly detailed and large (think much larger than Kvatch itself as portrayed in TESIV, as it is 200 years in the future- think slums and suburbs, and very impoverished due to the many wars in Cyrodiil) the is potential there for quests involving the Thalmor also.

Mini-hopes:

-More monsters (Broken Steel did this for FO3 without breaking the game) I want Minotaurs, Goblins, Ogres and Land Dreughs!
    -Expansion of Bards College
    -Expansion of marriage (only one wife?)
    -Ability to become a Lich would be great
    -Werewolves need a lot of expansion
    -Hardcore mode
    -Ability to set up businesses (I know this is sort of in the game with regard to the marriages); I'm thinking of buying mines or farms (considering there seem to be a lot of them pointlessly about) meaderies or camps to act as hunting businesses. Mercantile-slanted characters need a bit of expansion. I remember drooling at the resource (stock) exchange mod for Oblivion back in the day.
    -More rare artefacts (not Daedric) that take a huge deal of spelunking and killing to get.
    -Am I the only one who wants to see Daedric Lava Whiskey make a return?
    -More spells, particularly in Destruction and the summoning part of Conjuration.

You're welcome to compose your own wish list in this thread- I'm pretty interested as to what you guys come up with too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

no more oblivion anyway! Still have enough of the from TES4!!

There's enough in Skyrim to have the balance just right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

A wider variety of weapons. I know it won't happen but regardless of that, I want throwing knives, spears, crossbows and all that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

A wider variety of weapons. I know it won't happen but regardless of that, I want throwing knives, spears, crossbows and all that stuff.

Well, considering its been 200 years since Oblivion and there's been no development in weapons, this would be a great idea

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

a new world to explore :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    Well, considering its been 200 years since Oblivion and there's been no development in weapons, this would be a great idea

This! I never played a whole lot of Oblivion, but 200 years is definitely enough time for a few more weapons to develop. You'd think a massive active army like the Legion would at least have a few artificers trying out new weapons.

Also, the Dwemer canon suggest extremely advanced tech. Surely they would have refined projectile weapons a bit?

• Advertisement

Especially considering weapons actually went backwards in Oblivion. They had spears and stuff in Morrowind but removed them to refine the combat system a bit better.

in New Vegas, they had throwing knives and spears. There was also a mod for Oblivion which added the capability to chuck your weapon at someone as a last resort.

I was playing Skyrim today and the Draugr dungeons are beginning to bore the **** out of me. And the Dwemer ones have the same vibe as the Ayleid ruins from Oblivion- full of nasty traps, creature-things and unusual loot- I'm 90 hours through as of today, I'm done all the Daedric Quests, the Civil War (there is literally no repercussions to any outcome for this- I chose the Legion, and some people's dialogue hasn't changed; some are still talking about the war as if it is still going on- the only change is that there's a few new Jarls and there are more legionaries around...plus you get a glass war axe) and the Main Quest (the only difference is that some people go: "Hey, you're dragonborn, you saved the world, thanks, great craic" every ten minutes. You just don't inherit the kind of aura you'd expect from being a universal slayer who tramples all over dragons).

There needs to be some sort of remedy for all this crappiness (it's probably because a lot of the game was rushed but I'd be willing to pay for DLC).

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Nazi Zombies :D

Seriously though! It would be great if there was some way of expanding your skills so you can gain more perks.
    Perks could be rewards for completing new quests in the DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYOFLqItuW4&feature=player_embedded

Nice :) Basically this is Bethesda having a brainstorm of content ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Kinectic Shouts :D

• Advertisement

If half of those made it in I'd be delighted. Especially the spears and that fecking massive mudcrab. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

skip to around 1:20 to get to the cool stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 olden

-Ability to set up businesses (I know this is sort of in the game with regard to the marriages); I'm thinking of buying mines or farms (considering there seem to be a lot of them pointlessly about) meaderies or camps to act as hunting businesses. Mercantile-slanted characters need a bit of expansion. I remember drooling at the resource (stock) exchange mod for Oblivion back in the day.

This is probably the best idea I've seen yet. All those farms and mines were some truly wasted potential. The Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon fan in me is daydreaming. :rolleyes:

Personally I would enjoy some pseudo-realistic armor, especially in the light armor region. There's currently a mod out there called Lore Friendly armor that gives you the likes of Mercenary and Ranger getups that look aesthetically pleasing without breaking immersion.

This is probably the best idea I've seen yet. All those farms and mines were some truly wasted potential. The Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon fan in me is daydreaming.

Well I'm talking from mod experience here too; Oblivion had a lot of mods centred around business- I particularly remember one where you bought several mines around the place and collected their income. They had a small chance of being rare-mineral mines, which could increase your weekly income. Plus there was one where you owned a plantation (the one involved in Malacath's quest) and gained income.

Plus, there was the aforementioned stock exchange mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I've heard rumours of a mod that allows multi-player in Skyrim.

Frankly I love the idea of 2 people working together to play it, could make the game a lot more exhilarating and fun.

Two Dovahkiin?

Think about it; they've designed the game for one player, do you think it will gel well with more than one? If they designed the game for two in the first place it might work..

I'd love to be able to go dungeon roaming with my friends but I agree that it wouldn't fit too well with the storyline, etc.

However, if they built an Arena and set up PvP battles...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Two Dovahkiin?

Think about it; they've designed the game for one player, do you think it will gel well with more than one? If they designed the game for two in the first place it might work..

Sorry, I meant to clarify it in my last post and just spaced it.

It's an independent mod so far and has been in work since December. It's not great, and the other partners appear to have no guy and terrible animations.

I do hope it's fixed up, as my girlfriend and I would love to give it a proper shot in skyrim co-op.

There was a great game called Mount and Blade: Warband out some time ago, and it was a free-roam RPG experience. But, as it was centred around rather large battles, it had an online component too- it was limited to an arena-style team battle mode, with like your usual 8 vs 8, 16 vs 16 stuff. But there was also a war mode, where hundreds of players could duke it out, on many different maps that ranged from sieges, river defense, generic field battle etc. I suppose with this theoretical PVP multiplayer mode for Skyrim civil war battles could be easily implemented (One team the stormcloaks, the other the legion- kit loadouts at the start etc.) with teams fighting over cities like Whiterun just as in the singleplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

skregs wrote: »
    My biggest issue with the series is how its becoming more mundane and less fantasy-ish as time goes on.

Daggerfall: Centaurs, Gargoyles, Harpies
    Morrowind: Guars, Cliff Racers, Dreugh
    Oblivion: 90% of enemies are either real-world animals or humanoid, but they still had daedra
    Skyrim: bears, spiders, walruses, bird women (and yeah, fúcking dragons)

Shivering Isles was completely off the wall in terms of design and I'd love to see something like that again.
    Like an expansion in Elsweyr or something, not just more grey dungeons full of zombies

trolls,spriggins,ice wraths,chauras,all those dwarven robots, I think the falmer are skyrims goblins...and dont forget the mud crab man!! But yeah I get your point you're mostly fighting off d!ckhead bandits.

Personally Id love to see black marsh, I really like argonians cause they look cool and reading up on there seems awesome but doubt well ever see there because them and the khad'jiit dont have much story line associated....could be wrong im pretty new to the series!

Oooooor where the tree elves come from where there cities where high in the trees that could look cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Bring back armour repair and bring back dagger fall style creatures.

A good, long quest line where you participate in the Great War.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/340862/is-dawnguard-the-first-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-dlc/

Only rumour but pretty interesting, hope to god them oblivion planes arent coming back!

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/317634/20120321/skyrim-dlc-news-release-date-ps3-xbox.htm

This one speaks of a 2nd dlc around warewolves and other transformations in morrowind and a 3rd dlc around a war with the thalmor in cyrodil

Rumours of course..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'd like to see a second player being able to take the role of your companion.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

spear combat

the dwemer return, maybe expand blackreach to a humungous realm, possibly link that in to the dwemer ruins on vvardenfell, nice morrowind easter egg

go to cyrodiil or summerset isle to take the fight to the thalmor and pwn them

more daedra monster types (daedroth, winged twilight, clannfears, golden saints, hunger, etc etc) i like keeping track of what they look like from game to game

no mounted combat unless its as well done as red dead redemption(dont see this working as skyrim horses arent much better than oblivion ones)

Heh no news for a long time, but finally the first Skyrim DLC has been announced!:D

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Skyrim-DLC-Dawnguard-Coming-Summer-42049.html
    After weeks of teasing, Bethesda finally announced the first downloadable content for their open-world RPG Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Dawnguard DLC will be arriving in a few months.

...as a timed exclusive for my Xbox. :)

And so the discussion on the DLC's contents begins!

P.S there were files discovered in the patch directories which mentioned crossbows, vamps and snow elves so these may make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

there's a lot of buzz about the ice vampires that pull victims down through the ice, the glowing eyes could mean you can be one of those, or it could be a new type of lazer beam eyes shout

dawn guard could mean anything, i hope its something to do with my character pwning the thalmor dominion tho

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MrShine

I hope the glowing eyes mean some sort of new powers. Not just new magic, but new shouts or even transformations. I loved the werewolf abilities at first, but it got old pretty fast. I love the idea of kicking some Thalmor ass too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjBSicSVqI&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uesp.net%2Fwiki%2FSkyrim%3ADawnguard

Trailer for Dawnguard here-vampires and vampire lords and vampire hunters and Ice giant things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭i am an onion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjBSicSVqI&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.uesp.net%2Fwiki%2FSkyrim%3ADawnguard

Trailer for Dawnguard here-vampires and vampire lords and vampire hunters and Ice giant things!

That looks awesome, I really like the dark, ominous atmosphere.

Advertisement