Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who says convicts don't have a sense of humour...

• 05-02-2012 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.wcax.com/story/16663947/prisoners-sneak-pig-into-vsp-decal?hpt=us_bn4
    WILLISTON, Vt. -

Vermont State police are confronting a prisoner prank and investigating who's behind it. Inmates tasked with making decals of the official state seal for state police cruisers took some liberties with the design. And troopers are not happy about it.

Police, troopers, cops, the fuzz, and pigs; police officers are called a lot of names. Inmates apparently decided to use their creative sides, making sure that pigs made their way into the state seal for the first time since it was first designed more than three centuries ago.

Hundreds of cruisers patrol Vermont with the state seal standing out on both front doors. The seal was originally designed by Ira Allen in the 1770s. There's a tree, mountains and a cow to honor dairy farming in Vermont.

Four years ago the state wanted more decals for cruisers, giving the job to the prison print shop in Windsor. Inmates were supposed to load the state crest image in as given to them, but someone decided to make a major change-- payback perhaps.

In the new decal, one of the spots on the cow is actually a pig. Pig is a derogatory term for police. A state trooper in Southern Vermont just noticed the altered artwork.

"And I apologize to them," Vt. Corrections Commissioner Andy Pallito said. "I think it's really unfortunate that somebody took it upon themselves to reach out and do this to them."

Pallito says the decals were recently put on cruisers. As many as 30 have the prankster pigs.

"We'll have to make sure we do a better job of quality assurance in the future to make sure this doesn't happen again," Pallito said.

State police aren't laughing either. In a statement, Maj. Bill Sheets said "While some may find humor in the decal modifications, the joke unfortunately comes at the expense of the taxpayers."

Pallito expects the bill to replace the offending swine will run about $800.

The more you look at the decal the more you may see. We've heard from people who say in addition to the pig, there may also be a silhouette of a naked women underneath the cow.

As far as catching the inmate or person who did this, Pallito says it could be difficult because there is a lot of turnover in jail.

Who does the Garda cars? :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

johngalway wrote: »

Good lord, did a 10-year old paint the state seal as a school project or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

Good lord, did a 10-year old paint the state seal as a school project or something?

Could have been worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Who says convicts dont have a sense of humour anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Exactly. I am pretty certain that I have never in my life heard anyone accuse convicts of being lacking in a sense of humour.

16663947_BG1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I agree. Surely imo if there is a group of males confined together, in tight spaces, for long periods of time, I would imagine that there would be a dominant male, this male would use the other weaker males for stimulation.

Perhaps the dominant male would bully the weaker males into anti-establishment decals s**t even at their own peril and therefore like a pack mentality and like all walks of life even convicts have a sense of humour.

I do like the decal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Tasking the detail to inmates in the first place as probably not a good move....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Just imagine if they'd got them to print money! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I agree. Surely imo if there is a group of males confined together, in tight spaces, for long periods of time, I would imagine that there would be a dominant male, this male would use the other weaker males for stimulation.

Perhaps the dominant male would bully the weaker males into anti-establishment decals s**t even at their own peril and therefore like a pack mentality and like all walks of life even convicts have a sense of humour.

I do like the decal.

They're grown men in prison. Not a bunch of gorillas in a documentary ffs. I don't think many lads that are locked up by cops would mind getting in on a prank on cops.
    The "dominant male" doesn't need to prison rape and shiv everyone. :p

Shryke wrote: »
    They're grown men in prison. Not a bunch of gorillas in a documentary ffs. I don't think many lads that are locked up by cops would mind getting in on a prank on cops.
    The "dominant male" doesn't need to prison rape and shiv everyone. :p
    Knowing the way the US has gone in recent years, many of the convicts may be there for crimes that wouldn't warrent a prison sentence here (or anywhere else for that matter).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Who says the police don't have a sense of humour..........they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Some great songs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It took the Vermont police several years to cop it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Advertisement