Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pressed powder

• 05-02-2012 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey

I need a new pressed powder to finish my foundation and keep my oily skin matte. I usually use MAC blot powder but my budget doesn't stretch that far at the moment. Any cheap but good alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Rimmel Matte Pressed Powder is meant to be good and is a decent price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

No 7 also does a good matt pressed powder in several colours. Worth a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

+ 1 for Rimmel powder - cheap (compared to something like MAC) and pretty good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

aristocat wrote: »
    No 7 also does a good matt pressed powder in several colours. Worth a try!

+1 Boots No. 7!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I like the Revlon colorstay pressed powder. It's great used over oily areas over foundation or just on its on with concealer on good skin days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

+1 Boots No. 7!

I love this powder too ,the cream touch one I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

+2 for the Rimmel Matte one. I cannot bring myself to spend more than €7 or €8 on pressed powder! I've used the Rimmel one for years and I've quite oily skin and I find it great. They also have another pressed powder called "Clear Complexion", which I don't like at all. I find the powder goes on more chalky and also seems to go a bit manky in the container after a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Collection 2000 do a good one called Lasting Perfection, I like it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Panda Lover

Thanks for all the replies x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Another vote for Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I used it for years and loved it.

I now use M.A.C Blot Powder, but only because I was given some as a present, when I run out of it, I'll get Rimmel's stay matte again.

The only difference is the price, in my opinion anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Another vote for Boots No.7 Pressed Powder here - I always use the Transparent one to set foundation. I've tried pretty much everything and its one of the best for the price. One of the make-up artists I know uses it full time!

Advertisement