Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night Out in Waterford - Girls - Mid 30s

Options
  • 05-02-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi there,

There is a group of us girls going out next Saturday night and I am looking for suggestions on where to go. The last time we were out was over Christmas and we ended up in Harveys, where there was about 40 people (no kidding) and the DJ didn't have one track from the noughties, just played 80s and 90s all night long! We just want to go somewhere to have a bit of fun and a boogie (to recent chart hits) and maybe where some of the single among us could meet like minded male species :D. Where do people suggest. Were any of you out last night? What about the Uluru and then into town? I welcome any suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Uluru for sure. Then pop into Kazbar...the revolution...then masons...then the foundry.

Seriously, for what you're after, if I was a mod I'd be locking this thread after my post because you now have all the information you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Keea

Thank you, sounds good. Does the Foundry get a good crowd on a Saturday night and what's the age group like there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Keea wrote: »
    Thank you, sounds good. Does the Foundry get a good crowd on a Saturday night and what's the age group like there?
    The foundry has a facebook page, so you can peep at the photos to see if the criwd is to your liking.

Thanks, do see those pictures on that but hard to judge age group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Age group for the foundry is 18 and up mostly students there,
    you might enjoy the Kazbar or The mojo lounge witch is mostly
    over 30's in there and they play only 80's and 90's free in i think
    check it out kazbar is great for the bands and would have a older crowd normally
    Uluru is a good place to start the night.

• Advertisement

Did you not hear her say she wants chart music?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

He/She definitely didnt HEAR her anyway.:rolleyes: Unless boards has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

He/She definitely didnt HEAR her anyway.:rolleyes: Unless boards has changed.
    Yeah, boards has a new vocaliser, and you can choose your voice just like you avatar.

You have to be baptised to use it though.

Oh my, he rolled his eyes at me. That's me put back into my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I wouldn't be going to the foundry based in your age group. I'm 27 and the crowd is just to young for me. It does get busy so if the average age isn't that much of a factor then it is your best bet.

Before that I think Kazbar is your best bet. It has a great buzz these days in my opinion.

I was in Harveys Saturday night and it was awful till about half 12 or 1. Got good then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Uluru for sure. Then pop into Kazbar...the revolution...then masons...then <b>the foundry<b/> .

Seriously, for what you're after, if I was a mod I'd be locking this thread after my post because you now have all the information you need.
    The Foundry??? I call for a one week ban after that suggestion :D
    Send them upto Harveys - DeiseDave will be more than happy to help :cool:

I couldn't, in good conscience, send anyone to Harveys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Everywhere is as bad as each other at this stage.My honest opinion - Front Lounge followed by Kazbar

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Strange comment for someone recommending Revolution and the Foundry.

Older crowds tend to drift between Geoffs, Kazbar and Shortts.

I'd recommend Geoffs for an early tipple to get warmed up, then either Kazbar or Shortts both play a good mix of music.

I just mean cause I haven't been there myself in many, many years. I couldn't recommend a venue that I haven't been to.

By the way...where does the op give her age group?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

By the way...where does the op give her age group?

In the title.

Ah...You never look at a man's shoes do ya!

OP add Shortts into the suggestions I made and at the end of the night it seems that harveys would be better than The Foundry.

Thank you everybody for the replies.
    Think we'll start off in Geoffs, go with the flow....see what happens !:)

Advertisement