Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Merry Macs

Options
  • 05-02-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

I posted a thread about this in the Wedding section but no joy so hoping I'll get a better response here!

Does anyone know if The Merry Macs are still playing and doing weddings? Think they're from Dundalk?? If anyone could give me any info that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

I haven't heard of them playing in a long time. Paddy Mac plays with The Long Riders every Sunday in Parke's Bar from 6.
    Mickey plays as a duo with another guy (Not Paddy) in the Jockey's every Friday Nite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The Mac's are top class for the weddings alright.Whether they are still gigging or not is another question? If they are i would defo recommend them to you.

Paddy Mac presents the "Good morning Dundalk" programme on DundalkFM every morning between 8am & 10am so maybe you can contact him there.Phone number of the station is 042 93 95100.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

Thanks! I'll try the station number and hopefully find out one way or another.

If they're not gigging any more does anyone know any other all round type wedding band? One that would play a bit of everything to keep my Mam and Dad's generation happy who like the country'n'western/folk/showband era and play stuff to keep younger ones happy too?? I.e. like the Merry Macs! :)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I don't have a clue!

Edit: Are the Long Riders or the duo in the Jockey's good?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Urge/254706867272

The Urge are another outfit from Dundalk who do weddings.

Great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Urge/254706867272

The Urge are another outfit from Dundalk who do weddings.

Great band.

Yep, good band. Saw them last night in Courtneys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭radiofreak

Peanut_M wrote: »
    Thanks! I'll try the station number and hopefully find out one way or another.

If they're not gigging any more does anyone know any other all round type wedding band? One that would play a bit of everything to keep my Mam and Dad's generation happy who like the country'n'western/folk/showband era and play stuff to keep younger ones happy too?? I.e. like the Merry Macs! :)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as I don't have a clue!

Edit: Are the Long Riders or the duo in the Jockey's good?

I haven't heard any of the two bands, but I hear that The Long Riders do a lot of country. What date are you looking for a band for?

Advertisement