Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art history HELP! Gallery visit?????

• 05-02-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Okay so I'm completely lost for the appreciation section of art history. I know a gallery/exhibit question is a common one, and I was wondering if I could answer that question using the National Museum Archaeology and discussing some goldworks like the Glenisheen Gorget or Tara Brooch? :confused: And if so what are the other 'headings' I'd need to put in?

I'll probably write a couple of better ones later in the year when we actually DO visit Collins Barracks or something but I'm lost for my mocks and figure this is probably my best bet since I havent any idea how I would go about answering any of the other questions that I've seen come up in that section in past papers.

Anyways thanks in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Spud_Monkeyy

Generally the concensus with the appreciation section are things like the gallery question, animated film, clothes design (sport, etc.) and stuff.

With the gallery question, you're usually asked about how it's laid out and how it effected/improved your work. Generally they're handy enough, you just have to know a bit of background stuff on some pieces. We ended up going to that Dublin Contemporary 2011 thing. T'was actually a bit of craic and the work was class.

Anyway, you just need to remember;
    1) Layout
    2) Theme
    3) 2-3 pieces of work w. a little bg research
    4) Sketches
    5) How it effected your work (you can waffle this bit handy enough)

Take it from me, I got an A1 in my Gallery essay this year ;)
    Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beckyy

Generally the concensus with the appreciation section are things like the gallery question, animated film, clothes design (sport, etc.) and stuff.

With the gallery question, you're usually asked about how it's laid out and how it effected/improved your work. Generally they're handy enough, you just have to know a bit of background stuff on some pieces. We ended up going to that Dublin Contemporary 2011 thing. T'was actually a bit of craic and the work was class.

Anyway, you just need to remember;
    1) Layout
    2) Theme
    3) 2-3 pieces of work w. a little bg research
    4) Sketches
    5) How it effected your work (you can waffle this bit handy enough)

Take it from me, I got an A1 in my Gallery essay this year ;)
    Hope this helps!

That helps! Thank you!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Do you need to put headings into Art essays? In my mock one I just included what they asked into my paragraphs, e.g. it said describe the form, function, design.. etc. of the gold objects, but I just included them into a paragraph?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beckyy

SeanMadd wrote: »
    Do you need to put headings into Art essays? In my mock one I just included what they asked into my paragraphs, e.g. it said describe the form, function, design.. etc. of the gold objects, but I just included them into a paragraph?

Yeah I don't think you have to or anything, but my teacher just says we should do it to make it easier for the examiner! So for the gold objects, I would just put headings on the paragraphs you know? Like, I'd put a header: Gold Lunula 1800BC or something, and then 1st heading: Decoration or something like that. She also told us to underline the key words etc, like 'repousse' and all that.

Thats just me though, I'm sure what you're doing is perfectly fine too! :)

Advertisement