Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I Quit SWTOR Thread"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah wont be renewing when it comes up mid march

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    3+ factions provides automatic balancing, 1 side gets too strong the other 2 gang up on them etc.

This is the 1 thing I would change if I was allowed. I'd make Bounty Hunters and Smugglers a "neutral" party because that makes sense and I'd allow the main story lines of the other factions opportunities to "fork" into it - e.g. a Jedi turns away from the path and wants to get married or an Imp Agent wants to turn "freelance" etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shiminay wrote: »
    This is the 1 thing I would change if I was allowed. I'd make Bounty Hunters and Smugglers a "neutral" party because that makes sense and I'd allow the main story lines of the other factions opportunities to "fork" into it - e.g. a Jedi turns away from the path and wants to get married or an Imp Agent wants to turn "freelance" etc.

It would be great, and fitting in the Star Wars universe, to be allowed to change factions at certain points throughout the game. How many Jedi's have gone bad, and just as many seem to switch back. It'd probably be quite tough to manage though, with huge numbers changing sides on such a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Shiminay wrote: »

Three factions wouldnt work, because of the scenario outlined above, people ganging up on each other.

As it is two sides is hard to balance.

Then again ,thats for PVP, who gives a **** ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

TheDoc wrote: »
    Three factions wouldnt work

Yes it would. See DAoC for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Jim wrote: »
    Yes it would. See DAoC for more details.
    While I agree in general that three factions is better then two the EQ PvP alignment server (Sullon Zek?) based on evil, neutral or good races (beyond the screw up of abilities in each respective group due to race and class combos) ended up with both Evil (by far largest around 60% pop) and Neutral (around 30% pop) camping in the good guys in (until Fancy the bard came along to even things out; if you don't know Fancy the bard then you're in for a treat).

Then again had it been two sides it would most likely still been greatly skewed and games such as DaOC, PS1 etc. showed that three way is a good middle route for pop imlbances to take as long as there's a decent enough balance on each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Well I have been forced to quit from their shocking customer service side, despite actually liking the game. My client has been crashing since their patch around Christmas time. So I get about an average of 10 mins before the client locks up and crashes out on me sending me back to the Desktop. I cannot play the game in that manner, coming back to a corpse and I had no incentive to level to max knowing I had no end game prospects. Over 50 days of tickets and emails I'm basically told its my hardware. I sent on a system file and it showed I had a few blue screen crashes, honestly in 3 months I can count on one hand the number of blue screens I have had and I know the device that causes it. So today I get a mail saying my ticket is closed, they found 57 blue screen crashes on my system report I sent in. 57 must be some form of record surely? They said the crashes are going back to last May, which is funny really, because a new OS was installed in mid November. So there you have it, a complete cop out on their behalf. A couple of hundred people on the forums with the same issues I have and they don't know how to address it. First thing they latched onto to apportion blame elsewhere they went with. Some of the responses in the emails I got when arguing over the blue screen is shocking. I was told that SWTOR was crashing to save Windows from a blue screen caused by hardware about to fail. So now they have software that can preempt a hardware failure. Yet none of my other games have this feature which would be dead handy. Funny enough my hardware hasn't failed once when playing other games or in general.

I'd also like to point out how their system is messed up. I sent a reply last week and a few hours later got 7 unique ticket IDs in their auto generated replies. I thought nothing of it but the following day I had 4 responses, from 4 different agents, each asking me more or less the same thing. Absolute genius system they have up there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thats pretty bad.

To be honest I'd be first looking for a refund for the game.

Secondly I'd be getitng onto news website and consumer affairs. They have won if you let that lie and they've got 50 quid outa you.

Thats disgraceful, I'm raging on your behalf here

But its the same as pretty much all their MAJOR issues, they just seem to ignore they are happening and blame everyone else.

Seemingly the piss poor response times of characters abilities is down to individual hardware. LOLOL

The game itself is an absolutely shocking example of how to make an accessible MMO, absolute resource hog with so many memory sinks : /

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I'm looking into a refund on the origin website but the links are broken. I know someone in a topic on this said they managed to get a refund, any tips or links would be welcome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

witless1 wrote: »
    I'm looking into a refund on the origin website but the links are broken. I know someone in a topic on this said they managed to get a refund, any tips or links would be welcome.
    Request it in the customer chat (and send them the ticket(s) in question as reason to why); that is what the other person did if I remember correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bodhisatvah

I quit because I only play like once a week and every time I have to download something, patch, hotfix, it's always something. And most of the time it gets stuck so I have to click the repair button wich only gets stuck in a loop. So most of the time I get to reinstall the game and play for half an hour. I've read how to fix this but I don't even want to start on that. A game should work if you buy it!
    The game itself felt more like a single player game with a chat function. All quests felt the same, click an object and kill 20 mobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The game itself felt more like a single player game with a chat function. All quests felt the same, click an object and kill 20 mobs.

Thats the majority of MMO's im afraid.

I agree with all the hotfixes. Theres alot of little niggling issues with it lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Vicxas wrote: »
    Thats the majority of MMO's im afraid.

I agree with all the hotfixes. Theres alot of little niggling issues with it lately.

Wow felt more like an mmo to me than swtor. Many more people per server, always something being said in general chat, cities were vibrant and it was actualy possible to group for things in under half an hour :rolleyes:

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Wow felt more like an mmo to me than swtor. Many more people per server, always something being said in general chat, cities were vibrant and it was actualy possible to group for things in under half an hour :rolleyes:

Cant argue with that, However the majority of people crowded into Orgriammar and Stormwind. The other cities felt dead.

SWTOR has this problem too. people hang around fleet and everywhere else feels dead. They need to merge servers to bolster the populations.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

Im done

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Cant argue with that, However the majority of people crowded into Orgriammar and Stormwind. The other cities felt dead.

SWTOR has this problem too. people hang around fleet and everywhere else feels dead. They need to merge servers to bolster the populations.

Very true. Server merges need to happen ASAP. It's discouraging to be on a planet and not see a single other player. It's also true about in WoW players congregated in the main captial cities and not much else - I fequently remember Undercity and Thunderbluff being ghost towns

Very true. Server merges need to happen ASAP. It's discouraging to be on a planet and not see a single other player. It's also true about in WoW players congregated in the main captial cities and not much else - I fequently remember Undercity and Thunderbluff being ghost towns

Thunderbluff moreso, Silvermoon city was even worse, 3 people max in that place.

I hope they merge servers. I would be so much happier with the game

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Fleet often feels dead too. Never hear any banter,trade or many LFGs. I'm on a pvp server that by SWTOR server standards is a bit if not more over average population. I wish they would just get on with it and do merges/transfers. If i find another decent game to play before GW2 i'll probably cancel my sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Gone to Tera .. Love it... best MMO I have played in donkeys years! Havent had this much fun since DAoC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playboy wrote: »
    Gone to Tera .. Love it... best MMO I have played in donkeys years! Havent had this much fun since DAoC

Likewise, makes a laugh of swtor tbh.

• Advertisement

Sticking with TOR myself, gonna try and see the dark days out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

So the game is still a disappointment? I was going to try it again but I think I'll give it a miss. Haven't played since release. Playing Tera myself now and find it way more fun then swtor was.

Limericks wrote: »
    So the game is still a disappointment? I was going to try it again but I think I'll give it a miss. Haven't played since release. Playing Tera myself now and find it way more fun then swtor was.

Honestly... I'd wait until 1.3 and the server transfers bolster some server numbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Gave up on this game a few months ago, things are definitely going downhill for TOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

If the merges and transfers don't solve the populations problem , then I'll be quitting too. Logged onto Republic and Imperials Fleets at the weekend and found 30 on Republic and 15 on Imperial. It would be sad to see the game die like this as it really is so much fun, but with hardly anyone around, it's getting more difficult to justify the subscription.

If the merges and transfers don't solve the populations problem , then I'll be quitting too. Logged onto Republic and Imperials Fleets at the weekend and found 30 on Republic and 15 on Imperial. It would be sad to see the game die like this as it really is so much fun, but with hardly anyone around, it's getting more difficult to justify the subscription.

Agreed, i bought Diablo over the weekend and my urge to play TOR was non-existent. Its sad really :(

I got APB last year as it was free. The main reason for getting it was to tie me over until star wars was released. Did that, still playing APB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

for as much as fanboy i wanted to be, it's becoming a bit hard to justify subscribing the game--

i tend to feed game cards-- i've 20-something days left and an extra game card but i must say we barely have any motivation to log in anymore--

the guild is becoming a bit bored of repeating the same raids, which involve using pretty much the same tactics, over and over

we have been logging in to raid, nothing else-- with diablo 3 out, we moved back to raid 8-man (instead of 16-man) and the last couple raid nights we didn't even have enough people to do a small team-- with 30 people in the fleet at the same time, i think the game is really dying and i'm not sure if it'll be the server transfers that will save it

i think it's a pity, really-- because this game had so much potential, and ended up being the same old stuff-- i'm not disappointed and i don't regret buying/paying for the game, but it's sad to see my child's dream lightsaber being represented as a kitchen knife with led lights that sometimes hurts droids

guild is working more like a game hub than a star-wars guild-- we just get together in the forum, have a board of officers that we move across the games and whatever game we play, it's business as usual

for as much as fanboy i wanted to be, it's becoming a bit hard to justify subscribing the game--

i tend to feed game cards-- i've 20-something days left and an extra game card but i must say we barely have any motivation to log in anymore--

the guild is becoming a bit bored of repeating the same raids, which involve using pretty much the same tactics, over and over

we have been logging in to raid, nothing else-- with diablo 3 out, we moved back to raid 8-man (instead of 16-man) and the last couple raid nights we didn't even have enough people to do a small team-- with 30 people in the fleet at the same time, i think the game is really dying and i'm not sure if it'll be the server transfers that will save it

i think it's a pity, really-- because this game had so much potential, and ended up being the same old stuff-- i'm not disappointed and i don't regret buying/paying for the game, but it's sad to see my child's dream lightsaber being represented as a kitchen knife with led lights that sometimes hurts droids

guild is working more like a game hub than a star-wars guild-- we just get together in the forum, have a board of officers that we move across the games and whatever game we play, it's business as usual

Im inclined to agree with you, the focus that EA and Bioware seem to be going for is "Hey why dont you make a new character and replay the same content while we flesh out the endgame"

This is a bad idea, the last thing i want to do is get to 50 and immediately start a new Alt. Maybe we've all become too used to the likes of Warcraft where the endgame dungeons/raids etc keep you going for a while, or just kick your ass for weeks.
    But I remember WoW when the end game was just as bad as this, but Blizzard didnt make it as obvious. They held community events and stuff that sent you around Azeroth and distracted you while they padded out the game.

TOR needs to listen to its fans and take on the feedback, make server xfers happen. Make group finder cross server. Fix the horrible bugs in flashpoints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Im inclined to agree with you, the focus that EA and Bioware seem to be going for is "Hey why dont you make a new character and replay the same content while we flesh out the endgame"

This is a bad idea, the last thing i want to do is get to 50 and immediately start a new Alt. Maybe we've all become too used to the likes of Warcraft where the endgame dungeons/raids etc keep you going for a while, or just kick your ass for weeks.
    But I remember WoW when the end game was just as bad as this, but Blizzard didnt make it as obvious. They held community events and stuff that sent you around Azeroth and distracted you while they padded out the game.

TOR needs to listen to its fans and take on the feedback, make server xfers happen. Make group finder cross server. Fix the horrible bugs in flashpoints.

Agreed, I'm a committed altoholic (all 8 slots filled) but BioWare really needs to start engaging with, rather than dictating to the community.

Advertisement