Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Upload Speed?

• 05-02-2012 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

What internet provider has the best upload speed?
    Please make sure its not UPC and it is more than 5MB's

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

kyle922 wrote: »
    What internet provider has the best upload speed?
    Please make sure its not UPC and it is more than 5MB's

How can anyone make sure it's not UPC - As far as I know it is UPC at 7Mbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Other than UPC, I don't think there's any ISP with an upload of near 5Mbps. Fibre is available in a few select locations, that might do it, but generally speaking UPC is the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Depends on how much you're willing to spend.
    Irish Broadband 6MB Breeze service is 6mbit down and 6mbit up. (But thats a business product, and is €100pm)

The Fibre pilot that Magnet are doing with eircom is 150Mbit down with 30Mbit up. (€66pm)

The Standard Magnet FTTH product at 100mbit down is 10mbit up. (€55pm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

HostIreland in Dublin offer a minimu of 12.5 down/up (fixed wireless) for €119 plus VAT per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 kyle922

None of the above :L
    Im just looking for something with atleast a 3mb+ upload speed :L
    any other internet providers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

kyle922 wrote: »
    None of the above :L
    Im just looking for something with atleast a 3mb+ upload speed :L
    any other internet providers?

Why not upc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It would make sense to say where you are. It seems to me that you are looking for the impossible, since nothing of note is available to you. UPC and Irish Broadband Breeze are about the only widely available services with a high upload speed. If you've ruled both of these out then you're basically not going to get what you want.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Why not upc?

Their not available where i live :L

jor el wrote: »
    It would make sense to say where you are. It seems to me that you are looking for the impossible, since nothing of note is available to you. UPC and Irish Broadband Breeze are about the only widely available services with a high upload speed. If you've ruled both of these out then you're basically not going to get what you want.

i live in laois :L

• Advertisement
Advertisement