Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free-movement legwear other than tights

• 06-02-2012 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi athletics/running/tri folk

I'm looking for trousers/"pants"/"tracksuit-bottoms" for running (non-competetive; + general hill-walking, cycling, sports/gym use etc.) that are made from semi-stretchy synthetic/technical fabric (not thick "fleecey" type, though), but are not tights.

Plenty of stuff available online, but I really need to try things on for size, style, feel etc., so would be unlikely to have any sucess without multiple returns.

Currently using a pair of Ronhill (Trackster Trek) that I picked up years ago in the Patagonia outlet (I think; there seem to be some online, but sizing is problematic).

Have looked in many general sports, running and outdoor shops over the years since then.

Anyone come across the sort of thing I've described in the Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Sounds like a type of cargo pant that hill walkers use. You have the option on some to zip off the legs making 'shorts'. The sort of trouser that Bear Grylls uses? Light & quick drying.

Possibly Great Outdoors / Millets where you will find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Hi athletics/running/tri folk

I'm looking for trousers/"pants"/"tracksuit-bottoms" for running (non-competetive; + general hill-walking, cycling, sports/gym use etc.) that are made from semi-stretchy synthetic/technical fabric (not thick "fleecey" type, though), but are not tights.

Plenty of stuff available online, but I really need to try things on for size, style, feel etc., so would be unlikely to have any sucess without multiple returns.

Currently using a pair of Ronhill (Trackster Trek) that I picked up years ago in the Patagonia outlet (I think; there seem to be some online, but sizing is problematic).

Have looked in many general sports, running and outdoor shops over the years since then.

Anyone come across the sort of thing I've described in the Dublin area?
    Aldi had what you describe before xmas. I got a pair and am living in them. They are tight like but not tights,have a zipped key pocket,zips at the backs of the ankles and reflective piping.€10.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Sounds like a type of cargo pant that hill walkers use. You have the option on some to zip off the legs making 'shorts'. The sort of trouser that Bear Grylls uses? Light & quick drying.

Possibly Great Outdoors / Millets where you will find them.
    Thanks amphkingwest. I actually have several pairs of "Craghoppers" for general (street) wear, but the fabric is not at all stretchy (even though they'd be great for fending off thorns in the hills, i don't even use them there as I like a more "free" feeling on my legs).

Aldi had what you describe before xmas. I got a pair and am living in them. They are tight like but not tights,have a zipped key pocket,zips at the backs of the ankles and reflective piping.€10.99.
    Thanks JohhnyCrash - I'll keep an eye out for Aldi offerings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I have a pair of these http://www.store-laf.org/men-shorts.html ( the long ones). They sound like what you are looking for. Got them in heatons sportsworld in carrickmines last year for €25. I would hit tk maxx too, you might get lucky

• Advertisement

I have a pair of these http://www.store-laf.org/men-shorts.html ( the long ones). They sound like what you are looking for. Got them in heatons sportsworld in carrickmines last year for €25. I would hit tk maxx too, you might get lucky
    Thanks cambo_gueno - I'll forrage around there.

Advertisement