Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW 1070 voice dialler help needed!

Options
  • 06-02-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    I have a HKC secure wave 1070 panel with a voice card.
    The alarm is working ok, the problem is that the voice card will not dial when the alarm triggers. The dialler works fine when the panic alarm is triggered.
    Does anyone know how get the voice card to dial when the alarm goes off??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

billygruff wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a HKC secure wave 1070 panel with a voice card.
    The alarm is working ok, the problem is that the voice card will not dial when the alarm triggers. The dialler works fine when the panic alarm is triggered.
    Does anyone know how get the voice card to dial when the alarm goes off??
    Thanks

Is it set up for voice or text?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 billygruff

It is setup for voice. The voice message is delivered ok when the panic alarm is triggered.

It is setup for voice. The voice message is delivered ok when the panic alarm is triggered.

Have you changed any of the settings as if you are receiving the call from the alarm for a panic then there would be no reason not to receive the call for alarm. I would default the DTV and set it back up.

Go into comms menu, yes, modem service menu, yes, then scroll to default and default the DTV.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

Don't forget there is a20 second delay when sending alarm voice calls. Panic have no delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Stephen868 wrote: »
    Don't forget there is a20 second delay when sending alarm voice calls. Panic have no delay.

Thats what I was thinking too, just feels good when Stephen mentions it :D

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Thats what I was thinking too, just feels good when Stephen mentions it :D

Taught that myself kub but that would of being too easy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

altor wrote: »
    Taught that myself kub but that would of being too easy :D

Altor you are probably correct, it my be something more complicated but then again, God knows, it is the easy things that trip us up too.

kub wrote: »
    Altor you are probably correct, it my be something more complicated but then again, God knows, it is the easy things that trip us up too.

Can't argue with that kub :D

Thanks for all the help folks, unfortunately still have the same problem,
    I tried defaulting the DTV but no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Is it set up to contact a monitoring station or phone number?

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help folks, unfortunately still have the same problem,
    I tried defaulting the DTV but no joy

The DTV might be faulty. The only way to know is to replace and test.

What about the xperia <
    where the modem wants a signal from the monitoring station???

What about the xperia <
    where the modem wants a signal from the monitoring station???

He is receiving the voice for the panic so cant see any other reason, other than it is faulty.

Maybe its forcing the panic alarm

The DTV is setup to call a phone number.
    Is it possible to use the SMS option to send a text on an eircom landline??

Maybe its forcing the panic alarm

Never heard that one before :D

It may just be the settings for what is being reported.
    By default alarm should be working, that is why I asked him to default it.

The DTV is setup to call a phone number.
    Is it possible to use the SMS option to send a text on an eircom landline??

Yes, go into the text menu to set this up.

Does the default SMS server number need to be changed?

Does the default SMS server number need to be changed?

No, these numbers are the Eircom sms numbers.
    Do not change them or it wont work.

I've setup SMS text (I think!), alarm keypad is displaying that test text has been sent but no text received on mobile, is there a delay with landline text messages? I don't see an option to select which server to call... there are 2 servers in the default setting, I presume eircom is the first one = 17409900

• Advertisement

I've setup SMS text (I think!), alarm keypad is displaying that test text has been sent but no text received on mobile, is there a delay with landline text messages? I don't see an option to select which server to call... there are 2 servers in the default setting, I presume eircom is the first one = 17409900

They are the send and receive numbers. Activate a panic and see if that works.

Tried activating panic, did not send text

Tried activating panic, did not send text

Is the line active to send a sms.

I would bring that dialer back billygruff, it sounds like there is a fault with it.

I think the phone line is active, I just remembered that the phone line to the DTV may not have a broadband filter, could that affect the call? I think not seeing as panic and test voice calls are working ok. Will probably take your advice Altor and bring the DTV back. Thanks for your help

I think the phone line is active, I just remembered that the phone line to the DTV may not have a broadband filter, could that affect the call? I think not seeing as panic and test voice calls are working ok. Will probably take your advice Altor and bring the DTV back. Thanks for your help

Your welcome,

If you have broadband on the line then get a filter also. I would have to suspect an issue if voice did not work correctly.

This is the best filter out there. Without a filter fitted it can have effect on the dialer dialing or texting out.

Is your mobile provider with 3 Billygruff?

Is your mobile provider with 3 Billygruff?

Although Eircom will not send the texts to 3 customers the voice dialer should of worked.

Yes, my mobile is with three, that explains the SMS problem.

Bad news:
    I got a DSL filter and fitted it, unfortunatelly the filter was faulty (no output), so I reconnected the phone line to the AB terminals on the dialler board.

Good news:
    I checked if the DTV was working for panic trigger and it was, tried setting the alarm again and guess what... the dialler worked perfectly for voice from alarm trigger!
    So now it is dialling for alarm trigger and alarm unset.

However, it is not dialling for the following:
    - accidental alarm trigger during entry / exit time
    - alarm trigger when entry/exit is open (i.e. counts down to zero sec and alarm triggers)

How do I set alarm to dial for these events?

Thanks,
    BG

Yes, my mobile is with three, that explains the SMS problem.

Bad news:
    I got a DSL filter and fitted it, unfortunatelly the filter was faulty (no output), so I reconnected the phone line to the AB terminals on the dialler board.

Good news:
    I checked if the DTV was working for panic trigger and it was, tried setting the alarm again and guess what... the dialler worked perfectly for voice from alarm trigger!
    So now it is dialling for alarm trigger and alarm unset.

However, it is not dialling for the following:
    - accidental alarm trigger during entry / exit time
    - alarm trigger when entry/exit is open (i.e. counts down to zero sec and alarm triggers)

How do I set alarm to dial for these events?

Thanks,
    BG

Good to see it is working after all.
    The alarm will not dial out in the event of an entry/exit fault. The reason for this is the system has not armed and will only generate a local alarm. To set this up on the 10/70 so it does send you an activating of the entry/exit fault go into reports, and select the entry/exit faults to be reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 dbro

Hi,

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I have an old alarm! Its still running with the DTV analog dialler. I'm away from the building for a few days and the alarm has triggered, but the dialler is constantly ringing out to me. Is there any way to disable / reset / acknowledge from the call it makes to stop it dialling out? Last time this happened I got a €400+ bill from eircom for the calls!

Advertisement