Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dusty concrete floor with UFH

• 06-02-2012 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

hi people

I have a question that I can't find the answer to anywhere (maybe i'm just not looking in the right places!)

just about to move into a new build where we have ufh downstairs and upstairs. we're going to live downstairs and do upstairs when we've the money.

the problem is that there seems to be a Lotta dust coming from the floor upstairs (anhydrite screed self levelling one "easy screed"). I an going to"paint" the floor in my shed to keep the dust down. my query is if I painted the screed to do the same would it affect the thermal conductivity of any future finish I put on it in years to come.

the reason this comes to mind is I had to use an acrylic primer before I tiled the bathrooms which was advised to aid conductivity through the adhesive.

has anybody experience of this or what would ye recommend. I don't mind that much a dusty floor. but if possible and if it didn't affect future thermal conductivity I would paint it

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

have you contacted screed provider? what did they say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

BryanF wrote: »
    have you contacted screed provider? what did they say?

a logical answer!

I didn't yet because it occurred to me over the weekend as I was doing the major clean!

doh! I should have done that first.sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Uni Bond painted on to the floor kills the dust to concrete floos , with a clear finish . I can also be thinned out to .

Advertisement