Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places for first dates in Belfast ?

Options
  • 06-02-2012 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi guys,

as the title suggests I am looking for suggestions for good places to take someone on a first date, I currently live in Belfast (only here a few weeks) and have someone coming up to visit (coming up on a Friday night home sunday), this person has never been here before, I should say that we are both in our early 30's, up for anything really. I dont know belfast very well so all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Activities-wise you could try ice skating in Dundonald, usual cinema stuff, going to see something at the opera house (Grease is in from 14th Feb with the lovely Mary Byrne - how could you say no?!), black cab tour during the day, museums and such if you're into that kind of thing, a tour of Aunt Sandra's candy factory (cheesy but good craic at the same time), the zoo?? Depending on what kind of music you're in to there'll also be some good pubs/clubs worth a look.

For eats give Made in Belfast a try. Great atmosphere and plenty of stuff to chat about on the walls if the conversation dries up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Soil Mechanic

Belfast Bus Tours are good, especially if you've never been here before, helps someone get orientated to the layout of City (Think folk are more comfortable in places they can find their way around, no?) & very interesting... should occupy a few hours (N.B. eliminates any deathly awkward silences for a bit.)

I second the Zoo, but rather weather dependent, especially this week.

Go-karting is ALWAYS a good idea (Pro-tip...says the single man...) as it's
    fun, different & exciting (things you'll want herself to be associating with your good self in the back of the auld mind, ehhh?) places to be had in the city.

Empire comedy club, great craic (also works on this score above)

Strangely, Belfast City hall tour is quite interesting, good for a stimulating chat (helps Southern folk bond a wee bit methinks...also good.)

Hope you enjoy your weekend! :)

Advertisement