Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcock Car Dismantlers

Options
  • 06-02-2012 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where they are? Im not from the area went looking for them one day but couldnt find it!

Do they let you in around the yard? I like looking around to see if I can find anything interesting :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

Yes they let you look around.
    From the M4 Dublin take the kilcock exit.
    Take the first exit off the interchange signposted kilcock / clane.
    Follow to the next roundabout and take the right for clane.
    Turn left after 50 metres, follow and turn left
    down a tree lined road.
    Stay on this for about 1.5KMS and you will come to a T junction, go right.
    Kilcock car dismantles is about 500 Metres away on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

If you have google maps on your phone, try that. That's how I found them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

matchthis wrote: »
    If you have google maps on your phone, try that. That's how I found them

Cheers I gave that a try ended up in a small little town with a river through it:D

Can anyone so me the location on google maps please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

If you search for laragh Kildare, you'll be able to the dismantlers on the satellite image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ceilceanhain

Do not touch these chancers with a barge pole. Sold me a faulty fuel injector. Purchasing from here is like buying a 3 legged stool. No refund. RUN A MILE.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

A 3 leg stool is better than 4 legs on uneven ground though.
    I'm surprised they wouldn't exchange it. You'd rarely get a refund from a scrappy.
    They can be very expensive for some parts. They are fairly hard to deal with and forget about haggling. They are still making an absolute mint out there though e.g. buy a car for €150 - sell one seatbelt for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Modified-IRL

Never had a problem with this scrapyard, actually one of the better ones in Leinster, why would you buy second hand injectors anyway? Never buy used electrics :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Went there once. Found them pleasant to deal with and I got my part for €5 that the main dealer wanted €50 for :)

Buzz around the place too, busy, several mobile food (burger) vans etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That sounds like pretty much every car dismantlers in the country, to be honest. Traynors up north if you want somewhere civilised...

Not been there in years (early '08) and they didn't have what I wanted anyway which the much messier yard in Enfield did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Dismantlers are a tough lot. They're used to people going in for one thing and coming out with their pockets full of bits that are undeclared.

My own experience with the Kilcock crowd had been pretty positive. I was looking for a part which I couldn't remove myself and they were more than happy to do the job for me. I suppose they knew I wasn't going to be filling my pockets while I waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Do not touch these chancers with a barge pole. Sold me a faulty fuel injector. Purchasing from here is like buying a 3 legged stool. No refund. RUN A MILE.

So you went to a place that makes a living out of taking parts from wrote off, end of life or scrapped cars and selling them and you are giving out that a part of one of these cars was faulty ? :rolleyes: do you expect them to test every part ? If you want guaranteed peace of mind buy new - buying parts like Injectors, sensors etc second is a false economy.

Advertisement