Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Coverage In Celbridge

Options
  • 06-02-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Anyone having problems?

Me and my gf are. Keep losing calls and phone keeps breaking up. Its not just in the one house happens all over town and we have different phones too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Yep, had the same problems in Celbridge so moved to Vodafone and now with 3. No issues with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The Meteor signal is poor around Celbridge despite their coverage map showing good coverage for all Kildare.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/coverage/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hickeydp

This is disappointing, I'm with vodafone and I was looking to change provider to reduce my bill. Meteor have what looks like a cracking deal but if the coverage where I live is crap then there's not much point.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have never had issues in Celbridge on Meteor but and probably makes no difference to you Vodafone coverage in Maynooth is terrible.
    O2 coverage seems to be the best around.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I have never had issues in Celbridge on Meteor but and probably makes no difference to you Vodafone coverage in Maynooth is terrible.

O2 in Maynooth is a land of dropped calls, though.

Whereas Vodafone requires me to go in to the spare bedroom to take a call!

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »

Try your Meteor phone in The Mucky Duck, The Village Inn, Spar, Hogan's, Castletown Inn, The Kildrought and The Abbey Lodge. Check how strong/weak the signal is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I'm meteor (well eMobile) in Celbridge, coverage is pretty crap tbh. OH though is 3 and they seem to be pretty good.

But depending on your phone ..... I'm android and my coverage has improved by rebuilding with a custom rom, I even get some coverage in the house! but ymmv :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭erinn

The reason it is so bad in the village and surrounding areas is because there is a mast at the back of bank of Ireland, once your within a certain distance of this the coverage is terrible!!! Also in some caes if the building is solid concrete the coverage is terrible!!! So when I'm in the pub my mam knows she can't get through to me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Yup it's unusable in Saint Raphael's Manor, I had to switch.
    I had some difficulty in doing this... they said that they give no guarantee of indoor call quality. As soon as you mention that you're indoor (Shock horror!) the shutters come down. I live in a normal dwelling built in the past 10 years so it doesn't have 2 feet thick walls.

What's worse is that they know there are problems but it feels like they are trying to fob you off unless you persist. The fobbed me off until the 2 week cooling off period had expired & they refused to allow me out of contract.
    I wasn't able to call customer Meteor care because the signal was so bad... so I had to ring from my landline... and they wouldn't accept my calls from the landline (needed the call to be from the phone itself!). I had to ring them from the phone while in the city center.

I was furious with their delays/inflexibility... I think it was an attempt to trap me in the contract. It worked for a short period. Fortunately for me they had a habit of unilaterally changing the terms of contracts (dunno if they are still up to this lark). So I was able to exit without penalty & kept the handset.

No voice problem in my time with Voda, O2 or 3. Had usable data and on Voda & O2 (3 was unusable). So for me its either Vodafone, O2 or I might try Tesco

Meteor signal is ok indoors in Abbey Farm, could be better but good enough for voice. 3G works but is not great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement