Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Erasmus/Exchange

Options
  • 06-02-2012 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just wondering if anyone has been on exchange to anywhere in Europe. If so, have you got any advice on grants I may recieve, and if I would still recieve the County Council Maintenance Grant?

I'm planning on going to Sweden as it's the only English speaking University in Europe for Geography. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 el cule

Hey Jay,
    In my course erasmus was compulsory but I imagine the same rules apply..
    The county council grant shouldnt be affected, UCD even had a letter for me to show the Co. Co to explaining where i was going and that i was still entitled.
    On top of that you get a grant from the EU for all erasmus students which varies from 1 to over 2 grand depending where you go. Probably close to 2 grand for Sweden because the cost of living is higher. It's very easy to apply for aswel, once the erasmus was sorted out with ucd all i had to do was do an online registration form on SIS with bank details and the first instalment was paid out in October.. Hope this helps

Advertisement