Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recruit a friend

Options
  • 06-02-2012 5:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me the best way tp use this recruit a friend feature to maximise gettin a char to max level quickly..

the faq says every time you get 2 levels you recieve 1 to grant to your recruit,what is the best way to do this,do u save up a load of them to grant at once when u are level 40 + ?

would i need to create a new char level 1 and play with the recruit on his level 1? no point goin with a level 50 + char and questin with the level 1 guy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

What i didn't do but soon after found it would be best to level 2 chars to 60 and then you can grant levels to a third from level 1 all the way to 60 from both of the other alts (each can grant 30 if they make it to lvl60), therefore granting 3 level 60 alts.

But i did mine years ago, not sure what level the xp bonus knocks off at these days, or what levels you can grant up to, but it would be a similar formula to the above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

As nix says, although now your triple xp goes to 80 as does your granting of levels afaik.

Same scenario though

Multibox two accounts to 80, then insta ding another char to 80. You should easily do this relatively quickly, its sickhow fast they level.

I'm contemplating doing it myself now considering it costs roughly about €25 to buy all the games and thats cheaper then a faction change, as I want some horde characters.

Currently im planning on levelling a horde character on my current alliance realm, then server transfer, the annoying part is how the heirlooms are not BOA as they truley should.

But definitly look into multiboxing.

I did it with a friend and the levels were fast and it was a fun experience. I'd say if I did it now I'd have 3-4 80's in a week or two. And remember you get 30 days free gametime with each game you buy, so no reaosn why you cant get it done.

Also if you multbox, you can then apply for a account transfer, where you can move the characters from the new account to your current one, for like a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

doc, i was askin some guys about do u get game time wen u buy wotlk and cata and they tell me no u definately do not get 30 days game time with these..

blizz having a sale at the momeent,u can buy battelchest which is vanilla and tbc for 7 euro 50 cent with 1 month game time, you can also buy wotlk for 10 euro and u can buy cata for 15 euro.. its a half price sale, on 19th of feb the prices double back up to full price

i have only battel chest atm,time is up in few days,was gonna buy wotlk for 10 euro but ive been told i wont get game time with it

regarding the multiboxing will i need to download a program to do this or do i just put 1 char on auto follow? i only have 1 pc ,can u even log into wow on 2 accounts with 1 pc? i have 2 monitors

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gametime has always been tied with the original box only; never with the expansions.

Regarding multiboxing; you can play two copies at same time but require two seperate folders if memory serves. You can then have one of your accounts have abilities tied as needed using the same button for both versions (i.e. pressing 1 will auto hit with char 1 and target and use a nuke on warrior's target with char 2 for example).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

http://www.dual-boxing.com and http://www.wowwiki.com/Multiboxing

^^ Have a read and look at the video's there on the first site.

I never used separate wow folders for multiboxing, it may have changed since though I dunno. Just used to run Wow multiple times in windowed mode, re-adjust the screens, play on one and link the other accounts to it.
    Took a fair bit of setting up but was a lot of fun.

You can get software (which is allowed by Blizzard, so long as YOU are controlling it, boxing, not botting !) which will link key presses between your multiple instances of Wow running.

• Advertisement

yeah just checked my boxes, forgot you dont get 30 days per expansion.

Still with 30 days you should defo be able to get three up if not more, depending on the time you have.

If I had a week of no distractions........ *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Alterac Valley weekend coming up this weekend too. If you had characters (especially Alliance) at the level required for AV (level 50 or 60 is it ?) you'd get them flying to 85 over this coming AV weekend.

Got My Horde Shaman to level 84 and my Alliance Rogue to 85 at the weekend just running Eye of The Storm (both from 80) and AV is so much faster for levelling in.

Another thing to consider if you're running Refer a Friend for yourself, don't forget to use your full proper details for the second account, so you can transfer your toon across to your main account if you wish later. So you can run say a Shaman and a Paladin, level both together, then transfer the one you had on your RAF account over to your main account. Also means you just buy Cata for one account (your own main account) as (as far as I know) the refer a friend levelling stops at level 80 anyway - so if you want to keep any characters on your RAF account, just transfer them to your main cata account and finish levelling them to 85 from there.

Hmm I'm level 30, thought AV was open to much lower brackets.

Definitly going to sit in there and pvp for a good portion of the weekend. Fingers crossed there is some decent XP from it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

It's down at the moment but I've been told it should be back up soon

It was removed, hopefully for some type of revamp with new bonus'rewards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

anyone want a scroll of ressurection inbox me details and ill send you 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Same as above but wrong thread me thinks

Advertisement