Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday Independent Magazine

• 06-02-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

I know, I know but i was round in my folks house yesterday and there it was.

A large portion of the entire magazine was given over to a celebration of the good old days of the celtic tiger. Features of the posterboys and postergirls of the boom and all the wonderful lives they had.

Of course Barry Egan had his own personal memoirs bit where he wistfully rejoiced in memories of shopping in Venice with glenda, Yachts in the south of france, private jets, €200 glasses of brandy and hanging out with bono and ronan keating. Saying things like "the wealthy weren't afraid to spend, and why not, they had work hard to afford this lavish lifestyle" and went on to say that there were still plenty of businessmen spending big in restaurants in dublin and barbados but don't want NAMA to know about it, like we're supposed to admire them for it.

Seriously, who buys in to this cringe? It's equal parts embarassing and saddening.

I posted this in New & Media but i don't think anybody goes in there very often

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Once during the Celtic Tiger era, I made a 3 egg omlette!.

Thats right 3 eggs in 1 omlette . I remember those hedonistic days with both fondness and regret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I bought a real tiger painted him green, acclimatised him to our temperate climate, fed him greasy tasteless food, filled him with a suspicion and cynicism towards life and others supposed compassionate gestures until he really was celtic.

Then he committed suicide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

McTigs wrote: »
    I posted this in New & Media but i don't think anybody goes in there very often
    Read the part in the charter that says "don't use AH just to get a bigger audience."
    Give it time.
    Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement