Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ramekin recipes

Options
  • 06-02-2012 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

hi,

I got 2 heart shaped ramekins in tesco yesterday (caught up in the madness of valentines and they were only 2.50 :o)

Does anyone know of some good recipes for ramekins? preferably for 2? chocolate based maybe for valentines desserts?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Hi, I've only ever cooked one thing in a ramekin and funnily enough it was for Valentine's day last year. Its not a sweet dish but breakfast.

Baked eggs

Ingredients
    One egg per ramekin
    Spinach
    Cream
    Smoked fish (I used haddock)
    Butter

Method
    Heat butter in pan, wilt spinach. Mix in haddock and some cream

Butter sides of ramekin

Put some of the spinach mix into the ramekin

You could add some grated parmesan if you like but its a rich enough dish without it.

Crack the egg over this

Pour in little bit of cream

Bake in oven Gas 4 for 20 mins.

I served with love heart toast. They are very filling so maybe one each would do you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Fill with cooked diced fish , in bit of fish ,white or cheese sauce, a few veggies

of your choice cover with mashed potatoes grill until golden brown....

cottage pie variations... steak and kidney .....loads of options...

put pastry on top instead of mashed potatoes.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

CUSTARDS! (or creme brulée if you want to be fancy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

baked apple souffle. sooo nice, I made them last Valentines. they're lovely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement