Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daylight/Cool White CFL bulbs in Limerick?

• 06-02-2012 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone seen any daylight or cool white CFL bulbs in Limerick lately?
    Not warm white, plenty of those around.
    Standard middle-of-your-ceiling type bulbs, the higher the wattage the better!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

T'internet it is so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Atlantic Home Care and the 4homes/Co-op in Raheen used to sell them.
    The old style bayonet ones. I've seen energy saving versions that
    say they are day light ones but I dont know if the actual light is the same.

The Original (non energy saving) Day light bulbs glass had blue coloured transparent glass.

If your onto hobbies such as Painting these bulbs can be handy if
    your fussy and painting at night cos a certain shade of red & other colours while your painting
    under tungsten or strip lights might look different in real day light.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

They have a fairly big lighting section in Woodies on the ennis road, I've seen all sorts of strange looking bulbs in there!! Failing that, Trade Electric, up the top of william street and turn left towards st. johns square, not sure what the street is called though!!

Thanks guys.
    Tried coop and Atlantic, was it recently you saw them? Maybe I was a bit dopey the day I had a look. B&q, Tesco, dunnes. Can't remember if I tried homebase. Didn't try woodies, because I had seen nothing in Atlantic and the woodies website didn't give any indication of anything but warm white.

Tis specifically CFLs I need, for running cost and heat reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

if you go to the Ballysimon eastway business park there are 3 wholesale electrical shops there that def sell them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Theres the lighting place on Roches St. too, can't remember what its called accross from Fine wines and up abit.

(By the alley to the city centre car park, big bluish building next to Duggan Glass)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

shannon wholesale elect its called

Savage! My chilli seedlings will be happy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

langdang wrote: »
    Savage! My chilli seedlings will be happy...

Chilli, eh, so that's what the kids are calling it these days! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Apparently there are LED ones now that are even better than CFL - I think they have standard-fitting ones.

Electrical Factors in Ballysimon supply Ledlow bulbs.

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Apparently there are LED ones now that are even better than CFL - I think they have standard-fitting ones.

Electrical Factors in Ballysimon supply Ledlow bulbs.
    I'll check it out, cheers. So far, standard household CFL are giving me the best combination of size, heat, light, and running costs.
    If it was a higher value, less legal crop as alluded to by irishwolf then I'd go for a bigger, more powerful setup. ;-) neighbors probably suspicious as it is haha...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Would also advise Electrical factors as they have them ...the ledlow ones are good.

No bayonet cap ledlows. Well, not on their website anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

langdang wrote: »
    No bayonet cap ledlows. Well, not on their website anyway.

As far as I know they have a bayonet version of the middle one on the bottom comin soon.

Kellihers electrical on Dock Road had good big powerful bulbs in daylight (4200k) and cool white (6400k). Out on display too so you can have a look around rather than getting the boys to drag out loads off stuff to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭FMartinp

They're in Trade Electric on Lower Gerald Griffin Street - next to Cross's funeral home.

Advertisement