Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/cheapest waste collection service in drogheda?

Options
  • 06-02-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

We're currently with oxigen but I'm sick of having to call them up about not collecting bins,not sending out the tags or not having correct dates on the tags. Does anyone know are panda or tag-a-bin any cheaper or better?or if there's another service that'll do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I've just left tagabin over non-collection issues (and the introduction of an annual charge on top of their pay as you use tags). There's a thread on tagabin in this forum somewhere if you want to have a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emsy g

I'm thinking of maybe just going to panda. My neighbour uses them and doesn't seem to have any complaints.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

We use Panda ourselves.
    While they might (or not?) be the cheapest, they are reliable at least.
    I hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Does anybody know who is cheapest for skip hire at momrent

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emsy g

Biggins wrote: »
    We use Panda ourselves.
    While they might (or not?) be the cheapest, they are reliable at least.
    I hope you get sorted.

Thanks biggins,think that's who I'm going with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

gipi wrote: »
    I've just left tagabin over non-collection issues (and the introduction of an annual charge on top of their pay as you use tags). There's a thread on tagabin in this forum somewhere if you want to have a read.

gipi, this is bizarre, I know we are in same estate, and TagABin collects our bins every time we put it out (as long as we put it out the previous night, as they collect really early, some times before 6 am). Although, we only have bins out every fortnight, if that.

Over last six months I rang TagABin twice regarding payment, and both times they said they will get someone to call me back, and never did ! It's like they don't want my custom? :rolleyes: I wonder if they are trying to get people to move away from them so that they can stop the routes with low subscription? There's only one other TagABin user on my cul-de-sac, and haven't seen many Orange bins in the estate over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Yep, it's strange Positron - there's one other orange bin user on my cul-de-sac and as far as I know there have been no problems with that collection.

The company "suggested" I hadn't left my bin out early enough when I contacted them last time....I'd left it out the night before as ever. I think that they either didn't see my bin, or saw it and weren't prepared to reverse the truck in to collect it.

I wasn't a "high value" customer either - my bin went out every 6-8 weeks!

Advertisement