Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website Review / Comments Please

• 06-02-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would really appreciate any feedback anybody could give on a website I've had created for a new business.

www.drypro.ie

Site has been live approx 6 to 8 weeks now.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

JMR wrote: »
    Hi,

I would really appreciate any feedback anybody could give on a website I've had created for a new business.

www.drypro.ie

Site has been live approx 6 to 8 weeks now.

Thanks

Nice site, JMR. Simple, and to the point, navigable.

1. One immediate question which I would have as a potential user of the product is: what will my doctor think of this? Will she/he give the OK?

Therefore I would add a section on the homepage on testimonials form Doctors.
    * Can you get your GP to give you a testimonial?
    * Can you offer a free sample to every doctor? Get the potential user to give you their doctor's details and you will send it directly (to prevent you giving away products for free/little return). If you educate doctors about this, they will recommend your product.
    * Can you promote on the homepage a special number for doctors to call to ask about the efficacy of the product?

2. Break up your text with more headlines. It is too dense to read. And move your photos "above the fold" That will draw the reader down the page to get them more engaged. This page is a good example which needs it:
    http://www.drypro.ie/products/arm-protection/

3. Rename your image alt tags on your images from "armprotection3" to searchable keywords e.g. arm bandages etc

4. "waterproof leg plaster casts and leg covers" is one of your page titles. Is that actually the most trafficked keywords for this type of product? Have you done keyword research?

5. AAAyyyeee!! You have no order page. Don't send me to the base of the page to buy when I click on the Buy Now button! Send me to a separate buying page - where you can upsell me, and comfort me with delivery, customer service and return details.

5. Change the button colour of Buy Now button to an action colour: red or green or something that is different from the rest of the colours. Whats is the first thing you want me to do on each page? - get me onto the order page.

6. Hey, can I not pay you by cheque if I post it to you? You don't say so.

7. You never told me I could only pay by credit card through Paypal. You need to say that - find other comforting text online from others that explain this method of purchase.

8. BIG problem. When I click your PayPal button at the base of each page, you've taken me away from your website. I can't get or click back! PayPal needs to open in another external window.

9. You've no contact details on your Contact us page. Why not? Surely you are going to make much more money selling these to nursing homes, hospitals, swimming pools etc? i assume you're legit - proof it to me!!

10. Where is your "Group or Bulk Order" Sales message or button?

11. I would add more and more and more and more content about the product from your manufacturer's website.

Hope that helps

bdo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭JMR

Many thanks for taking the time to review and for providing such a detailed reply.

Definitely some items in there that I will be looking at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Blindside87

I really like the product!

Have you thought about using a psp such as realex that will take laser etc.?

I would agree with a lot of the above but think it is a good site. I just hate paypal! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fokebox

It is nice designed website with attractive colors and structure.
    So now here are my suggestions:
    1) The font of contact and horizontal menu seems to me quite sharp ... I would try to make it smooth!
    2) I had a feeling that there is only one testimonial ... I would refresh this text from testimonials as I visit the site again. And I would add link where I could read their opinions!
    Best wishes,
    Fokebox

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭benbob65

Looks good. A little effort to make it less obviously template based would make it even better.
    The way it makes clear in seconds what the site is about, is outstanding.
    Maybe an idea to add one or two (visual) links that really entice the visitor to go deeper into the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭JMR

Thanks for all the feedback on www.drypro.ie so far.

I've implemented some tweaks over the past months, looking for some feedback on the current setup please.....

Thanks

Advertisement