Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to cancel

Options
  • 06-02-2012 12:22pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello

Trying to cancel my account, have gone through the proper procedure. Rang customer service, they registered the request, passed me on to cancellations, they tried to change my mind then registered the request. They gave me an email address to send a formal cancellation request to, which I did 4 days ago, but have heard nothing back. (I presume you don't want me to publicly post the email address that's used for cancellations)

Is this normal? Should I not get some sort of acknowledgment?

I also PM'd one of the Eircom reps on here but again got no response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

spockety wrote: »
    Hello

Trying to cancel my account, have gone through the proper procedure. Rang customer service, they registered the request, passed me on to cancellations, they tried to change my mind then registered the request. They gave me an email address to send a formal cancellation request to, which I did 4 days ago, but have heard nothing back. (I presume you don't want me to publicly post the email address that's used for cancellations)

Is this normal? Should I not get some sort of acknowledgment?

I also PM'd one of the Eircom reps on here but again got no response.
    Hi spockety
    Sorry you di dnot get a response to your PM, If you PM me your details I will follow this up for you and will be able to advise.
    Tony

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Thanks Tony, I have sent you on the PM.

Hello?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello?

Hi spockety,

I spoke to cancellations and they confirmed the e-mail request was received on the 02/02/2012.

So as per the 30 day notification process. The broadband service is due to be ceased on the 29/02/12 and the whole account will be ceased on the 02/03/2012.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for checking that Mark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thanks for checking that Mark.

No problem.
    :)

Advertisement