Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK reg car, no log book, urgent

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lin33829

aujopimur wrote: »
    He should have sorted the NCT for you, you can make an appointment yourself @ NCT.ie., if it fails go straight back to him and get it repaired.
    You can tax it online @ motortax.ie using the last 6 digits of the VIN, this is on the VRT receipt.
    Once it's taxed you'll recieve the VRC in the post.
    I'm suprised you got away with driving it for so long on UK plates.
    By the way what car is it.
    Happy motoring.
    its a smart fortwo. good on petrol, that's all I need. 25euro a tank keeps me going for over a week.

I know of a car that has been running around for 8 years on UK plates. It is possible if you are in the right area.
    I always see cars on UK plates but no one ever stops them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

In the last two months I've come across two GS/Customs/DPS checkpoints in Cork, and two in Kildare.

In the last two months I've come across two GS/Customs/DPS checkpoints in Cork, and two in Kildare.
    where about in Cork? Anyway, mine is registered and taxed now. Just waiting for the logbook and then NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Checkpoints were on the Ballincollig Bypass just after you exit the bishopstown roundabout.

• Advertisement

Checkpoints were on the Ballincollig Bypass just after you exit the bishopstown roundabout.
    Ok. Thanks. Never go there though

Advertisement