Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone Billpay help

• 06-02-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Ive wanted an iphone for couple of months,im still torn between gettin an old second hand 3g or 3gs and stayin pre pay or gettin a 3gs or 4 on bill pay..

ive never had a bill pay phone in my life,ive looked around vodafone website, meteor and three and their plans for bill pay iphones and still cant make heads or tails of it..

i would ideally like to get the iphone for free or up to a max of 80 euro and then pay a monthly bill of no more than 25 euro..

heres where the confusion comes in for me, some of the sites say 18 month contrat,others say 24, different operators are offering different stuff and im not really understanding whats on offer..i dont really make loads of calls or send loads of text,i might only talk on my phone for 20 minutes a week and send maybe 10 texts a week, i also dont really use the internet on my phone,only the odd time when i link up to the wifi in my house so that should be free and not be on my bill i hope?..

could anyone help me out please on what might be best for me to look at.id really hope to avoid being locked into a contract for 2 years.. 1 year would be a better suit for me as i might go back to pre pay after that time if bill is not for me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I switched to billy pay from VF to 3 when the iPhone 4 came out and haven't looked back. My 18 month contract ended last week and I've just discovered I get 2 months free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

with 3 you could get an iphone 4 8gb or 16gb for free and the monthly cost is €40.66 over 24 months and comes with 350 flexi units or for €25.41 over 18 months the phone would cost €339 or €369 with 200 flexi units, 1 flexi unit is 1 call minute or 2 texts

o2 don't seem to offer the iphone 4 anymore

vodafone on my plus with 100 mins and 50 texts would cost €42 per month and €200 for 18 month contract or €100 on a 24 month contract

meteor for €40.66 with 200 mins and 200 texts on 24 contract would cost €50 for the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

guil wrote: »
    with 3 you could get an iphone 4 8gb or 16gb for free and the monthly cost is €40.66 over 24 months and comes with 350 flexi units or for €25.41 over 18 months the phone would cost €339 or €369 with 200 flexi units, 1 flexi unit is 1 call minute or 2 texts

o2 don't seem to offer the iphone 4 anymore

vodafone on my plus with 100 mins and 50 texts would cost €42 per month and €200 for 18 month contract or €100 on a 24 month contract

meteor for €40.66 with 200 mins and 200 texts on 24 contract would cost €50 for the phone

thanks for the reply// looks like ill be stickin with pre pay.. theres no way im gonna pay 339 euro for a phone and then pay them 25 euro a month for 18 months,seems like a bad deal to me :( i can get a second hand unlocked 3gs for around 200 quid and then not have any contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What network are you with now and how much do you top up per week or month?

Most people I know on prepay top up 20 per month for free texts etc and then sometimes more over the weeks aswell

So with 3 say your getting a €500 phone for €340 for an extra fiver a month with more than enough minutes and texts for your usage

You should also bear in mind that an iPhone will always connect to the net during the day and unless you turn off mobile data it's going to cost you credit. All iPhone bill play plans come with a data allowance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

CyberJuice wrote: »
    thanks for the reply// looks like ill be stickin with pre pay.. theres no way im gonna pay 339 euro for a phone and then pay them 25 euro a month for 18 months,seems like a bad deal to me :( i can get a second hand unlocked 3gs for around 200 quid and then not have any contract

That's the way to go alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

guil wrote: »
    What network are you with now and how much do you top up per week or month?

Most people I know on prepay top up 20 per month for free texts etc and then sometimes more over the weeks aswell

So with 3 say your getting a €500 phone for €340 for an extra fiver a month with more than enough minutes and texts for your usage

You should also bear in mind that an iPhone will always connect to the net during the day and unless you turn off mobile data it's going to cost you credit. All iPhone bill play plans come with a data allowance

im with vodafone although im not very happy with them and im lookin to switch to another network whenever i get a new phone.. i top up mayb 5 euro every 2 weeks at the moment,i dont use my phone an awafull lot. so i dont qualify for any free texts or calls or anything,they seem to charge alot per minute for a phone call on vodafone and overall customer service isnt too good i find,i cant check my voicemail if ive no credit, i can only send 1 please call me text per 24 hours, sometimes when i recieve a picture message i have to go online to a website to view it..

definately need a new provider,im think meteor or 3

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have a Meteor iPhone 4. My plan is 45 euro a month, 24 month contract and the phone was free. I did have to pay a 50 deposit but that can be credited to your account after 6 months.

I totted it up, and this option was in and around the same as buying the new HTC phone at the time + 20/25 euro credit a month, over two years. I really wanted the iPhone though!

Advantages to billpay - upgrades!!

Advertisement