Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal CC and Crater in the hospital roundabout

Options
  • 06-02-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone know if Donegal CC regularly check these pages?

Just that after they last dug up the hospital roundabout they walked away leaving what can be best described as a crater on the side approaching the hospital from oatfield! I've nearly clipped people (whose nose is out too far!) coming from the high road as I go wide trying to avoid it, taking the advice of a former transport minister!!

Wouldn't mind though when they were at the work before Xmas I remarked to the missus about the stereo-type of the council men being true - 1 man in the hole and 6 standing around it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Does anyone know if Donegal CC regularly check these pages?

Just that after they last dug up the hospital roundabout they walked away leaving what can be best described as a crater on the side approaching the hospital from oatfield! I've nearly clipped people (whose nose is out too far!) coming from the high road as I go wide trying to avoid it, taking the advice of a former transport minister!!

Wouldn't mind though when they were at the work before Xmas I remarked to the missus about the stereo-type of the council men being true - 1 man in the hole and 6 standing around it!!

ah nah they wouldn't read here they are probably to busy on the interne.... oh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

its a shocking pothole. when i drive over it going around the roundabout I can feel the car shift to the left a bit from the bump, and its only getting deeper. theres also a pothole outside glencar express thats been there for ages as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Report it on the DCC website, the more people that report it the quicker it might be sorted.

I reported potholes near my house and they rang me the following week to explain that the work would be done soon and witin 2 to 3 days the work was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭muttley-dps

and done! Didn't know they had a site for reporting.

Regardless though, they should know state of the road if they themselves carried out the work or sanctioned it in which case it shouldn't be up to a member of the public to report it.

Of course they know about it, theyre probably driving over it themselves each day but when members of the public start to report/complain about it then they have no choice but to get their fingers out of their holes and do something about it.

The more people that report/complain about it the sooner they'll deal with it.

It can be reported here>>> http://www.donegalcoco.ie/contactus/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Now I would have been one of the first people to have a bitch and a moan about the council but in the Councils defence any time I have phoned them they do come out and do what they can. I live on a road that see's, at a guess, 50 vehicles a day travelling on it and they come out within a week of one of us phoning them to repair what they can. At the minute they are digging up one section of my road as in their owns words "they are fed up filling the potholes every 3 months on it".

If you do make them aware of it they will fix it in my experience you can't ask for much more than that in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Must admit that the pot hole at roundabout is dangerous. The state of the road going to Glebe Childcare is very poor also. Its like a slalom course trying to dodge the potholes.

Server Application Unavailable......got this error message i logged on to report this. Now i have to report that the website is not working also.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Depending on what work caused this and who carried it out, you might find that its the Urban Councils issue.
    I know the boundary is in odd places at times but that sounds like its within the Urban area.
    Though it may have been the Co Council working on something they are responsible, though, roads within the town boundary are usually Urban Council

Therefore posting the issue to the Co Council might get ignored, though anypne would think they would pass it on.

I think there are a few Urban Councillors living nearby and it would amaze me they never see these things themselves, or the engineers for that matter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭nikinova

I have also reported the crater - here is my complaint

Please please please please can you fix the MASSIVE CRATER on the hospital roundabout ...it is making my journey home each day dangerous to both other cars and myself.

On two occassions a car swerved to try and miss the crater almost crashing into the side of my car while i was in the inside lane of the roundabout...there is seriously going to be an accident on either of these levels:

1. a car breaks down by going into crater causing a pile up
    2. that a car will swerve to miss crater and go into the side of another car.
    3. that the crater will swallow the car...seriously it is getting that big.

I sincerely hope you can attend to this as soon as possible

Thanks

Nicola

CJC999 wrote: »
    Report it on the DCC website, the more people that report it the quicker it might be sorted.

I reported potholes near my house and they rang me the following week to explain that the work would be done soon and witin 2 to 3 days the work was done.

It has been a month since this message appeared here and was reported to Donegal CC. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get around to these issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

martyeds wrote: »
    It has been a month since this message appeared here and was reported to Donegal CC. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get around to these issues.

Might be an idea to contact your local elected representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

The pothole causes my car rear to stepout on going right coming from the mountain top, given the right conditions a cars almost certainly going to lose control and cause an accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Don't forget to pay your household charge folks........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

mikom wrote: »
    Don't forget to pay your household charge folks........
    What's the Household Charge got to do with this pothole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Does anyone ever use potholes.ie? I've just checked it and that pothole hasn't been added.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is that the pothole located on the left side of the roundabout as you come off JW road and heading round to the Glencar turn off? (It would be in a straight line with the high road)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

deman wrote: »
    What's the Household Charge got to do with this pothole?

If you believe the hype..........
    The Household Charge is an annual charge introduced by the Local Government (Household Charge) Act 2011 which is payable by owners of residential property. It is a matter for owners of residential properties to register and pay the Household Charge on or after the 1st of January 2012. The EU/IMF Programme of Financial Support for Ireland commits the Government to the introduction of a property tax for 2012. We are one of the last countries in Europe that does not fund local services through local property-based charges. These services are essential to your community. They include: fire and emergency services; maintenance and cleaning of streets; planning and development; public parks; street lighting; libraries; open spaces and leisure amenities.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭muttley-dps

that's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

thats amazing! so with the household charge we'll now get lower car tax, free emergency service call out, cleaner streets etc...well worth paying! wonderful!

on a serious note, the shifting of cars going over the potholes is very dangerous, it now spans both lanes of the roundabout and I was nearly hit by a car on the outer lane trying to avoid the pothole the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

Beanstalk wrote: »
    thats amazing! so with the household charge we'll now get lower car tax, free emergency service call out, cleaner streets etc...well worth paying! wonderful!

on a serious note, the shifting of cars going over the potholes is very dangerous, it now spans both lanes of the roundabout and I was nearly hit by a car on the outer lane trying to avoid the pothole the other day.
    Probably me!

• Advertisement

Finally the council have done something about it......must be the money from Mikom household charge. LOL

muffler wrote: »
    Is that the pothole located on the left side of the roundabout as you come off JW road and heading round to the Glencar turn off? (It would be in a straight line with the high road)

JW road is down by the courthouse. That road from the roundabout to Oatfield roundabout is called DeValera.

Advertisement