Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you happy with your job?

• 06-02-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Do you ever get them thoughts that you just wish you worked in another field, preferably one that's higher paid so you can buy a better home, vehicle, etc etc.

I hate my job

/thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i hate you for having a job and hating it.

i want a job

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yeah I suppose. Not paid enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

Confab wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose. Not paid enough though.

What do you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

My main job i love, nothing makes life easier when you dont dread going in. My second job i'm not so found of, late nights and weekends but a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do and put some bread on the table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I would hate my job if I had one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭maxpowers

really enjoy the line of work i do and would not consider it a "job" really. The only drawbacks is that its unsociable hours and not really well paid. Its also tough to get a promotion. I would consider myself quite lucky tough in the overall scale of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

I would hate my job if I had one

well in six months you might have to look for a job to hate if Joan Burton gets her way :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What do you do?

Software support. Not very exciting but it's miles better then being on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

Enjoy my job, but by god it's tough tough going.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Freemasonry

maxpowers wrote: »
    really enjoy the line of work i do and would not consider it a "job" really. The only drawbacks is that its unsociable hours and not really well paid. Its also tough to get a promotion. I would consider myself quite lucky tough in the overall scale of things.

What field is it if you don't mind my asking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

well in six months you might have to look for a job to hate if Joan Burton gets her way :P

Then I can hate Joan Burton and my job.

I love hating things

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

I'd like to be on more money than what I'm on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I quite enjoy my job.

It's about to get bat-**** intense in the next couple of weeks though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Hate the job, hate the co workers, boss is sound though

Most of all I hate that nobody talks to each other.
    If I have something to say I get up off my ass and walk to the persons desk

Everyone else bombards me with "please be advised" nasty bitchy emails and cc's half the fooking world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Love my job. Have been here for more then 10 years, get on well with all my colleagues and moved my way up through the ranks into a Mgmt. position.

Best part is that I can work from home most days, and only go into the office once or maybe twice a week, and is extremely well paid with good Benefits (that hardly any other company would pay anymore these days).

So I would say I am one of the few lucky ones who love their job and the company they work for.

What field is it if you don't mind my asking.

i work in the gambling industry

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PostHack

I would have been a traditional job hater in the past, but have landed myself a sweet job in the last few months. As close to a dream job as you could reasonably hope for.

I'm in the job I'm in because I refused to accept a traditional, safe career like everyone else I know has. I put in the work and it paid off for me. Everyone I know is envious of me now (including people in better paid jobs), I see the look of despair in their eyes whenever the topic of jobs come up. I don't know of a single person in my peer group, friends, family etc that could genuinely say they love (even like) their job, which is a bit pathetic to be honest. You only have one life, and you spend the majority of your waking hours working. I don't understand why people settle for the easy, sensible option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

maxpowers wrote: »
    i work in the gambling industry

Do you deal in the Fitz by any chance?

PostHack wrote: »
    I would have been a traditional job hater in the past, but have landed myself a sweet job in the last few months. As close to a dream job as you could reasonably hope for.

I'm in the job I'm in because I refused to accept a traditional, safe career like everyone else I know has. I put in the work and it paid off for me. Everyone I know is envious of me now (including people in better paid jobs), I see the look of despair in their eyes whenever the topic of jobs come up. I don't know of a single person in my peer group, friends, family etc that could genuinely say they love (even like) their job, which is a bit pathetic to be honest. You only have one life, and you spend the majority of your waking hours working. I don't understand why people settle for the easy, sensible option.

not everyone is so lucky im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

PostHack wrote: »

One of the smuggest posts I've ever read. Fair play to ye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Hate the job, hate the co workers, boss is sound though

Most of all I hate that nobody talks to each other.
    If I have something to say I get up off my ass and walk to the persons desk

Everyone else bombards me with "please be advised" nasty bitchy emails and cc's half the fooking world

There is nothing worse than when the person sitting opposite you emails, instead of speaking to you. I actually had a work colleague ask me was it their turn to get the coffee? via email. Jobs like that are soul destroying. You have the same awkward politically correct conversations like; how was your weekend? Fine, they reply. Its so vanilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PostHack

Dots1982 wrote: »
    One of the smuggest posts I've ever read. Fair play to ye.

Cheers, I am feeling pretty smug about it actually :D Only express it on online forums though...

Seachmall wrote: »
    Do you deal in the Fitz by any chance?

nope - wouldnt be the worst job in the world tough if thats your thing

Advertisement