Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expanding alarm wirelessly

Options
  • 06-02-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have an existing wired alarm in one building A with a HKC 16/120 control panel.

i want to alarm another building B as a separate area on the existing panel but it's not convenient to connect with wire. The closest points between buildings A and B are about 100 metres apart with no line of sight or interference issues. It's just that we can't dig up the area inbetween to

What are the options?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It Would be cheaper and less hassle to put in a seperate system. .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

aware wrote: »
    I have an existing wired alarm in one building A with a HKC 16/120 control panel.

i want to alarm another building B as a separate area on the existing panel but it's not convenient to connect with wire. The closest points between buildings A and B are about 100 metres apart with no line of sight or interference issues. It's just that we can't dig up the area inbetween to

What are the options?

At that distance you would be lucky to get it to work with no problems.
    A separate system would be the cheapest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aware

The rationale for going on one control panel was to use the same GSM setup for notification purposes.

If I could narrow the distance somehow, what is the max distance I could work with and then what options would I have?

aware wrote: »
    The rationale for going on one control panel was to use the same GSM setup for notification purposes.

If I could narrow the distance somehow, what is the max distance I could work with and then what options would I have?

You would need an engineer to check this out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MarkC1987

someone might correct me if im wrong but i think you only get a 30 metre range on Hkc wireless products

• Advertisement

Like all wire free devices distance and what could effect the signal will determine the range.

Advertisement