Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple TV - HDCP Problem - Help!!

• 06-02-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

I have an Apple tv which will not allow anything except You Tube and Podcasts to be selected without the following message appearing
    "This Content Requires HDCP for playback. Either your HDMI cable isn't properly connected or your HDMI connection doesn't support HDCP. Please reconnect the HDMI cable from your Apple TV and try again".
    So no ITunes Movies even though the television set is supposed to be HD Ready bought just over a year ago.
    Reconnecting the HDMI cable does't solve the problem.
    Would a gold plated cable make any difference?
    Or is the problem with the television itelf?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Ernest wrote: »
    I recently bought an Apple tv (2nd Generation) It works fine for YouTube and for picking up my iTunes music from my pc and playing on the television.
    The problem is that it will not play anything from Vimeo or from WSJ or ITunes Movies that are HD. My television is a Samsung (MODEL LE40B530/LE40B541) bought in 2010 as "HD Ready".
    If I select any HD Movies in ITunes or ANYTHING in Vimeo or WSJ, it starts its whirly download thing and then stops with a big Yellow Message : "This Content Requires HDCP for playback. Either your HDMI cable isn't properly connected or your HDMI connection doesn't support HDCP. Please reconnect the HDMI cable from your Apple TV and try again".
    I have tried reconnecting the HCMI cable and that doesn't solve the problem.
    This is a straight out-of-the-box Apple tv - no "jailbreaking" or other fiddling with it has been attempted.
    Anybody got any advice or suggestions.

This has happened to me in the past also, but turning off the tv remove the power lead and take the hdmi from the tv and putting it back in power on normally worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

There was HDCP issues early on with Philips TVs, never heard f Samsung problems. Are you on the latest Apple TV firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

There was HDCP issues early on with Philips TVs, never heard f Samsung problems. Are you on the latest Apple TV firmware?

Yes 4.4.4

vinniemac wrote: »

Thanks - that link shows some possible ideas which I will try

• Advertisement

Thanks to all who responded to my cry for help.
    I tried the obvious - which I had previously discounted - I bought a better connecting HDMI-HDMI cable. This one cost € 8.95 in Power City and had gold plating. The package made no mention of HDCP compliance but the cable seems to do the job and I can now access the stuff that previously was not letting me through.

Thanks again everyone!

Advertisement