Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2 Comprehensions...Help!!

• 06-02-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I have paper 2 tomorrow and we havent done any comprehensions this year :P Anyways i am not sure if the answers have to be in our own words or what.....Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'm pretty sure you get half marks if you write the answers directly from the comprehension. I hate that, sometimes it's actually really hard to think of another way to phrase something. if 6 (b) asks you to write 50 words about something, make sure to do that question as it's pretty easy marks imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

apparently you dont have to change it but i imagine its a good idea - if they re-mark things to reduce grades for the bell curve theyd probably favour those who changed it. my teacher says if we dont change it we might get a "die hard" examiner who'll be mean so thats another reason to. just make sure you get the grammar right by keeping it simple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

It doesn't state anywhere on the paper that you have to paraphrase but as Patchy says it probably is a good idea in relation to the bell curve. But if you aren't confident in paraphrasing then just take it from the text. Most likely you won't get marked down because your not breaking any written rule on the paper! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Thanks lads :D Yeah i think i will try and put a decent answer together for each and if cant will just paraphrase :P Be my safest bet!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You lose marks if you don't have 'ionramháil téacs', i.e. if you don't put the answer in your own words. It's in the marking scheme.

And it does say that it has to be in your own words on the paper:
    "Bíodh na freagraí i d'fhocail féin, oiread agus is féidir leat".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

dambarude wrote: »
    You lose marks if you don't have 'ionramháil téacs', i.e. if you don't put the answer in your own words. It's in the marking scheme.

And it does say that it has to be in your own words on the paper:
    "Bíodh na freagraí i d'fhocail féin, oiread agus is féidir leat".
    That's because the comprehensions were just taken from the past years, since theyre still the same type of questions. I've heard you dont have to but its better to just do it in case.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I'd doubt very much it will change for the new paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Lads, did anyone else get that "bíodh na freagraí i d'fhocail féin" craic on their mocks?

Advertisement