Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that happened years ago that still make you angry

• 06-02-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭

So are there incidents from years ago that when you think about them now they still fill you with rage? Doesn't matter how trivial they are, you can tell us! It may even give some of ye closure on the aforementioned incident! :P

One thing that still really annoys me is my first day in secondary school. First class of the first day, a class full of 12 year old boys being told by a teacher "I could make any of ye cry right now!" This guy thought he was some sort of cool dude and that he was hard! It actually turned out he was one of the worst teachers I ever had, wouldn't teach a fish to swim! But he was obviously getting off on the power trip. I remember sitting in the class thinking, "You must think you're great trying to bully kids!" :mad: If I ever had kids who went to the same school as me and he was down to teach them I think I'd have them moved out of his class! A real fookbag!

The Kieren Fallon trial in 2007 and Michael Thomas late winner for Arsenal against Liverpool in 1989 are worth an honourable mention too for getting the ould rage going inside me!

Over to ye AH for some serious and I'm sure lighthearted responses!

Comments

Nope.

I move on with my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Things that happen in the 1 to 15 age bracket has a immense effect and you might not know it, ESP if it was some kind of trauma

I actually cried my eyes out when Thomas scored that goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I got a bogey hand job in secondary school When her hand slipped I could have killed the bitch

gcgirl wrote: »
    Things that happen in the 1 to 15 age bracket has a immense effect and you might not know it, ESP if it was some kind of trauma

That admission brings me great Joy. I dont even support arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I got a bogey hand job in secondary school When her hand slipped I could have killed the bitch

Given your username I was expecting a long list of things tbh :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

When they changed the way they make crisps now, like Burger Bites.

They just don't taste the same anymore :(

Your tears were not the only ones :(

"Its up for grabs now".....those words will haunt me forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

I am better not bitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

A guy I went to secondary with. I had no interaction with the fella for 2 years nor didn't care to but I found he occasionally needle me with slags and insults. These weren't friendly 'mate' insults either as I didn't really know the guy from Adam. I didn't know what his problem was or where he was coming from.

This goes on for well over a year. Then one day in chemistry class a bunch of us were messing around playing "pen tap" (may not be actual TM name) in the lab (a game that involves taking a bic pen body, jamming one end up with paper and sticking the other end in the sink tap - the result a fairly decent directable water hose) that you can spray your classmates with or get sprayed with too.

Anyway, one time I accidentally splashed a few drops of water on his schoolbag when my intended target ducked out of the way. This guy I'm talking about went absolutely mental and demanded I go get a towel and dry off his bag. I'm probably not exaggerating when I say about 3 droplets of water had hit his black bag and he wanted me to go play janitor for him. It wasn't about the bag, he was clearly trying to put me in my place or make a fool out me. Anyway I told him he was overreacting and that I wasn't going to clean his bag for a few drops of water. We had this back and forth and it eventually went nowhere.

After the class I'm in the school lobby talking to some friends. He comes up to me and gives me the evil eye for a few seconds then gives me a steelcap boot to my shin and walks off. Left a hell of a bruise and caused some bleeding but it didn't really cause me any pain so he got no actual reaction out of me other than silence and staring back at him. I just turned back around to my friends again and acted like nothing had happened. ( I think he was hoping I'd start bawling crying or better still start a scrap with him.) Thing is, after that incident he didn't come near me again or say a word to me.

Whatever it was the whole thing has puzzled me to this day. If I ever see the guy again I might ask him, or failing that return the kick with interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lol..same here....I've even nicknamed them Livercúnts :)
    Feels great to say that here as I can't in the soccer forum ;)

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Given your username I was expecting a long list of things tbh :P

There is. Dont get me started. Besides I haven't re-registered long enough to get banned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

Why would ANYONE send home the greatest player we ever had because he told the truth about awful travel conditions, shambolic training with no equipment or footballs??

Shame on Mick McCarthy.

One plus point I, Keano was brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

ill never forgive the makers of lucozade:mad:,when they stoped useing glass bottles with that golden cling flim around it.

it was never the same:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i feel your pain buddy, i got a number for a good counciler i'll pm to you :cool:

I am better not bitter!

I'm bitter so I batter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

The My Lai Massacre from the Vietnam War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

It just exemplifies how the US cover up incidents that damage the image of war and the army to the people. Over 500 deaths and ONE guy gets a brief period of house arrest. It's disgusting. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

talla10 wrote: »
    Why would ANYONE send home the greatest player we ever had because he told the truth about awful travel conditions, shambolic training with no equipment or footballs??

Shame on Mick McCarthy.

because he's a fúckin whingebag...sure he was telling the truth but in fairness after a while you get sick of listening to people like that...
    and I can guarantee you one thing....if the roles was reversed Keane would have kicked his @ss all the way back to Ireland..but we'll never know because he showed he didn't have the mentality to manage unlike McCarthy..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

That goal is my favourite goal of all time and I could watch Fever Pitch over and over again just for it :D

I am still p*ssed off we didnt put Spain away in extra time in 2002.

Shame on Mick McCarthy.

Get over it

ronjo wrote: »
    That goal is my favourite goal of all time and I could watch Fever Pitch over and over again just for it :D

I am still p*ssed off we didnt put Spain away in extra time in 2002.

If it wasnt for Ian Harte it would never have gone to extra time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Remember when Tommy gave Pam hepatitis.... bastard!!!!

Blazer wrote: »
    because he's a fúckin whingebag...sure he was telling the truth but in fairness after a while you get sick of listening to people like that...
    and I can guarantee you one thing....if the roles was reversed Keane would have kicked his @ss all the way back to Ireland..but we'll never know because he showed he didn't have the mentality to manage unlike McCarthy..

Ha i haven't the energy to row about this again but i will say this; You dont haul up your captain in front of the squad and accuse him of faking injuries to get out of playing for his country. What was the best McCarthy was hoping for?
    Get over it

Not really the point of the thread mate :D

If it wasnt for Ian Harte it would never have gone to extra time

If he had scored his penalty I am not so sure we would have been give then second one though..

Who? McGrath? Brady? Giles?

Ireland's results and performances in the finals were on a par with those in qualifying. The absence of Mr. Keane didn't turn out to be as big a loss as one might have suspected. For every % we lost by not having a top individual player we seemed to gain a % as a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Stop talking about football and get back to topic :mad: Boys and their sports :rolleyes:

Nothing that really made me angry I suppose, I've gotten over a lot of it, I suppose when a group of girls were bitching about me I never confronted them about it, but it doesn't really bother me anymore, girls are bitches anyway :D

smash wrote: »

I 'd say her fanny was down to her ankles anyway.

It was probably just adding insult to injury at the point

Jesus when did this become the Soccer Forum???

I agree, it's annoying.

Stop talking about football and get back to topic :mad: Boys and their sports :rolleyes:

Nothing that really made me angry I suppose, I've gotten over a lot of it, I suppose when a group of girls were bitching about me I never confronted them about it, but it doesn't really bother me anymore, girls are bitches anyway :D

So we cant write about things we are still angry about while you can, about things that dont bother you anymore??
    Who is off topic??

• Advertisement

If he had scored his penalty I am not so sure we would have been give then second one though..

If its a penalty it has to be given

It'd be like a lost pen in the Albert Hall!

So we cant write about things we are still angry about while you can, about things that dont bother you anymore??
    Who is off topic??

This topic is for people who are angry about things in their pasts, not a blow by blow replay of a football match.

Soccor forum that way >

Just stirring the pot :D

Keane v McCarthy is our Collins v Dev. It goes beyond football and is almost as pointless.

Blazer wrote: »

lol..same here....I've even nicknamed them Livercúnts :)
    Feels great to say that here as I can't in the soccer forum ;)

Jasus
    Don't even follow soccerball now it's all about the team with the most money wins :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

smash wrote: »

It was probably just adding insult to injury at the point
    I take it you have not seen the sex tapes? :D

Just stirring the pot :D

I'm not long off the pot :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

When I was 12, I was playing *curbs with a lad from the road. He wasn't happy when he lost and told the lads that he let me win and that I showed him my boobs...munter never saw a boob in his life. Nope I wasn't bitter at all :p

Hit the curb from the other curb with the ball for 10 points! from the middle for 5! Best game ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

OP, I now know your full name. Let the stalking commence!

:pac:

One thing really bugs me I could never play soccer in a team because I was a girl even though I was better than most boys my age

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Picture this.

You're 13 years old.

You're the (excellent :cool:) goalkeeper for the most successful local Schoolboys team in your city for the past few years, including victories League and Cups doubles.

You would think that such a sparkling resume would warrant at least a trial to represent the County Team for the Kennedy Cup squad?

Awww Hell Naw. I still don't know why. No wonder I progressed to 'individual' sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

One thing I've never gotten over is when the English came over and destroyed our country. Still to this day it p*sses me off, not helped by the fact that their still here!

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Picture this.

You're 13 years old.

You're the (excellent :cool:) goalkeeper for the most successful local Schoolboys team in your city for the past few years, including victories League and Cups doubles.

You would think that such a sparkling resume would warrant at least a trial to represent the County Team for the Kennedy Cup squad?

Awww Hell Naw. I still don't know why. No wonder I progressed to 'individual' sports.

Your team was probably so good you didn't get a chance to shine. You should have done like a Shay Given, ie play for a series of crap teams. That way you get 50 opportunities a game to show how good you are. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

ill never forgive the makers of lucozade:mad:,when they stoped useing glass bottles with that golden cling flim around it.

it was never the same:mad:

Glass bottles DO make a difference to the tase, could you imagine getting chilled glass bottles in drinks machines, ahh heaven :). Fanta, whatever the hell they did to it now tastes like rancid catpiss. Pepsi on the other hand actually tastes nice now and not so saccharine it could implode your kidneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

When I was in secondary school (we're going back maybe 7 years here) I had a friend called Aileen who had a friend called David. This Aileen was quite a dumb girl and a source of genuine annoyance in my life. One day, one of my neighbours (another David) came and told me that his friend (another Aileen) liked me. I knew this girl from our school, and she was incredible, I'd have chewed off my own testes to spend a night with her.

I said hi to her once or twice, and then one day David (the second one) gave her my phone number. I got a text from a random number, someone identifying themself as Aileen, and it asked "what did David tell you about me!!!!???". Not knowing that the good Aileen had my phone number, I assumed it was the bad Aileen and she was looking for attention as usual. I don't remember what I replied, but it could only have been along the lines of "what? I don't think he said anything". She wrote back asking me to hang out, and I said I was busy.

I promptly forgot about it for quite a while, a time which included several awkward conversations with the good Aileen (and I couldn't figure out why), until one day I realised. If I had been asleep, I'd have woken up screaming, that's what it felt like :mad:

I tried explaining it to the good Aileen, but she didn't buy that I knew another Aileen through another guy called David, and I could only have come across as desperate at that moment :(

To this day I feel very bitter at the world that I missed out on the hottest girl that's ever liked me, because of cruel fate!

foxyboxer wrote: »
    Picture this.

You're 13 years old.

To paraphrase Mick McCarthy. If you had a beard at 14 you'd now be playing professionally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

A few years ago some Gob****ePoliticians decided to Bail out their budies in a Failed bank with Shedloads of OUR money, yeah that one still makesme angry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

I shouted "Wanker" at someone out of the window of our school once before the teacher had arrived.

The teacher in the next classroom heard it, came in and made us all write who did it on a piece of paper.

I wrote "I don't know" and assumed everyone else would do the same.

Six of the ****ers wrote my name down, that's about a 1 in 4 return.

I thought I got on with everyone in my class :(

Maybe 'angry' would be the wrong emotion but 13 years later it still grates.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Superman Returns, Jesus its no wonder yer man hasnt been seen since.

Ironman76 wrote: »
    Superman Returns, Jesus its no wonder yer man hasnt been seen since.

I think Christopher Nolan / Zach Snyder are making a new one. Hopefully it'll be better than SR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement