Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that happened years ago that still make you angry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Underdraft wrote: »
    I think Christopher Nolan / Zach Snyder are making a new one. Hopefully it'll be better than SR!

Yeah Nolan is a consultant on it. In otherwards its not going to be sh*t at the very least. Seen the first pics, Clark Kent looks like a right bad ass. And theyve taken away the red underpants. A decent Superman series is long overdue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

When they changed "JIF" to "CIF".....

Pancake Tuesday has never been the same since...:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

another thing that really upset me was when some bright spark in the goverment took it upon themselfs to get rid of all the old water pumps in every town and villiage in ireland.:mad:

i used to love stoping at one giveing it a few pumps and put my head under to fresh cold water:).

its a part of old ireland im afraid we never see again.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PHIDIAS

I got a tooth pulled at home (the west of ireland) when i was around 7 or 8 one of my back teeth thankfully, the dentist told me at the time it was a baby tooth so may as well pull it. Well it was'nt and i'm still angry:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I was angry with my friend:
    I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
    I was angry with my foe;
    I told it not, my wrath did grow.

I like this poem, by William Blake. Superficially it apears to be about vengeance but actually I think there's something more tragic to it, and it's a good lesson in moving on from ill-feeling or resentment, I would suggest.

I can't think of anything personal about which I'm significantly angry, I hope it stays that way. Anger is an awfully heavy load to drag around with you; you should try to make life easier for yourself... let someone else carry it if they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

When they changed opal fruits to starburst, my childhood innocence ended that day:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Let's just say I don't celebrate on July the 19th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

ill never forgive the makers of lucozade:mad:,when they stoped useing glass bottles with that golden cling flim around it.

it was never the same:mad:

Glass bottles DO make a difference to the tase, could you imagine getting chilled glass bottles in drinks machines, ahh heaven :). Fanta, whatever the hell they did to it now tastes like rancid catpiss. Pepsi on the other hand actually tastes nice now and not so saccharine it could implode your kidneys.
    When I had a hangover which tbh I have not had one in years I had to have the coldest can of coke in the fridge a bottle would not taste the same to me for some reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

"Project Hide-Away" :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The time the old guy from work took the amazing turkey sandwich my sister made me from the office fridge (even though it was clearly marked with my name) and then put half of it in the bin still makes my blood boil.

It was my sandwich........ MY SANDWICH!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

The time my teacher accused me of flushing my sandwiches down the bog. I didn't do it.

This was circa 77 and I'm still traumatised :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

My school were playing a rugby match, I was about 13 or 14. Things were going well, half time we were up by 3 or 4 tries, but absolutely capitulated in the second half and with the last play of the game we had to score a try to win. The ball comes out from a ruck, I get it, break the tackle and offload, but in the next ruck the other team win the turnover. A black player gets the ball and sprints through a gap in our unprepared defence and then kicks it into touch to end the match. As we're walking off, the flyhalf on my team that I'm walking beside uses a racial slur, against the black player who was nearby. He doesn't say anything, nor does anybody else, and we all go home. Still angers me that I didn't do anything about that, apologise on behalf of my team to the player, make our flyhalf apologise, or even just punch him in the ****ing mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Sectarian murder in the name of a cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

we elected fianna fail into government.... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

When they changed Marathons to Snickers....Arrrrrrrrrghhhh i get so angry when i think of that day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Having a woman drive into me in town, say its my fault, take me to court, lie to the judge and I end up taking the rap. Happened nearly 2 years ago and I'm finding it hard to let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

robman60 wrote: »
    The My Lai Massacre from the Vietnam War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

It just exemplifies how the US cover up incidents that damage the image of war and the army to the people. Over 500 deaths and ONE guy gets a brief period of house arrest. It's disgusting. :mad:

My brother earned his medals at My Lai in Veitnam.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The Chicxulub asteroid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Gay Byrne's interview with Annie Murphy on The Late Late years ago.

I remember being filled with rage at the contempt he showed towards her and his last little monologue praising the great bishop at the end of the interview.

To this day, I can't stand the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Takin it up the ass from a dirty,fat christian brother

j/k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

Gay Byrne's interview with Annie Murphy on The Late Late years ago.

I remember being filled with rage at the contempt he showed towards her and his last little monologue praising the great bishop at the end of the interview.

To this day, I can't stand the man.

yes i can agree with you in part here.gay byrne has played the game very well in ireland and made millions doing so.
    i never liked him and for a man who does the drink driveing ads when his buddy in office got caught drink-driveing he refused to talk about where he stood on it:mad:,really two faced d-ck-head.

on annie murphy i think she was easy led by greedy journalists that turned her into a cheap celebritie for me i think she came out the worst of it.
    and i think she said she regreted the tell all affair.
    dont get me wrong he was in the wrong 100% but at least he fell in love with a woman not like many many other sick preists.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MARTINOZ

When I was 12, I was playing *curbs with a lad from the road. He wasn't happy when he lost and told the lads that he let me win and that I showed him my boobs...munter never saw a boob in his life. Nope I wasn't bitter at all :p

Hit the curb from the other curb with the ball for 10 points! from the middle for 5! Best game ever!

Woah! Where did you grow up? We used to play it on our street as well. A great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

MARTINOZ wrote: »
    Woah! Where did you grow up? We used to play it on our street as well. A great game.

I think everyone did and squares but there was less cars on the road.

44leto wrote: »
    I think everyone did and squares but there was less cars on the road.

What were squares?

What were squares?

There were squares (more rectangles) on our road separated by tar expansion joints, so every one would man a square and then the sames rules as tennis but with a football. It was good craic.

44leto wrote: »
    There were squares (more rectangles) on our road separated by tar expansion joints, so every one would man a square and then the sames rules as tennis but with a football. It was good craic.

We must have all grown up on the same street.

To keep it on topic I still hate the fact we had to stop street games for cars. Grrrr!

They reduced Strongbow from 6% to 4.3%

And Paddy Wallace cutting inside instead of passing last year against Wales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 chloexxcxx

In school my friend started seeing this absoloute tool of a bloke... Thought he was something special.
    Anyways over in her house and shes talking to him on the computer , she says im with her and were getting ready to head out soon.
    He says something along the lines of shes fat and ugly.. Not caring I was there to read it.

Fast forward to a few years later in a night club, he comes up to me "Alright gorgeous your the best looking bird in here blah blah blah...."
    I turned and said "Yeah its funny how I use to be fat and ugly and now your the fat and ugly one"
    I could tell he hadnt a clue what I was on about but I felt sooooo much better :)

I'd like to add I would have been a size 8 when he called me fat aswell :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Westlife being concocted. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

This story really gets to me everytime i think of it!!

Now this is a story all about how
    My life got flipped-turned upside down
    And I liked to take a minute just sit right there
    And tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
    On the playground is where I spent most of my days
    Chillin out, maxin, relaxing all cool,
    And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
    When a couple of guys who were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighborhood
    I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared
    And said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air"

I still miss west philly :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Let's just say I don't celebrate on July the 19th
    Yeah, stupid cenotaphs

Angry birds are making me very angry. I wish the app would just go away. That wish is with=in my power but I have masochistic tendencies,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

benson and hedges were changed from special filter to gold. feckin gold are nothing to special filter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Getting mugged in 99... My fist and jaw still clenches when i imagine the junky ****s...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Do it. Promise yourselves no more retrospect.

..then see how you betray yourselves in yet again relapsing into the bitter past.. Buahahahahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

To the school bullies who made my life miserable and robbed me of my confidence in the late 70s early 80s, I have not forgot and some day I will get every single one of you back. This happened in Glasgow and completely wrecked my confidence and libido to an extent, Im a single guy for many years and I am now trying to sort it all out. But if life gets any crapper I might hop on that plane and find these tormentors. Right got that off my chest.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PHIDIAS

To the school bullies who made my life miserable and robbed me of my confidence in the late 70s early 80s, I have not forgot and some day I will get every single one of you back. This happened in Glasgow and completely wrecked my confidence and libido to an extent, Im a single guy for many years and I am now trying to sort it all out. But if life gets any crapper I might hop on that plane and find these tormentors. Right got that off my chest.
    These people don't define who you are, nor should you let them. Bullies are usually the ones that lack self esteem in the first place and need to make others feel small in order to feel better about them selves. Wish you the best but don't let these insignificant people ruin your life..

I remember well some of those who used to make my life unbearable at school, bothered me at the time but you move on. What was quite gratifying many years later was a few of them I encountered whilst at a popular bar. All very matey and that, buying me drinks because I had achieved a modest footing on the fickle ladder of "fame". The idiots :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

old hippy wrote: »
    I remember well some of those who used to make my life unbearable at school, bothered me at the time but you move on. What was quite gratifying many years later was a few of them I encountered whilst at a popular bar. All very matey and that, buying me drinks because I had achieved a modest footing on the fickle ladder of "fame". The idiots :D

You on tallaghtfornia?:p

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    You on tallaghtfornia?:p

I have no idea what that is but I can safely say - no :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

1990 World Cup......Fuck you Schillaci

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Enda Kenny's birth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

800 Years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

1990 World Cup......Fuck you Schillaci

Lets face it, the goal was completely Packie Bonner's fault! He was the hero in the round before it so nobody wanted to criticise him.

He basically dumped us out of Italia '90 and USA '94 with schoolboy errors. Great servant for Ireland but let's call it as it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

We must have all grown up on the same street.

To keep it on topic I still hate the fact we had to stop street games for cars. Grrrr!

I used to welcome cars when playing curbs. Over the car for the win, no sweeter feeling than nailing that shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

In Senior Infants we were all queued up to get our jabs. A terrifying experience - for the wait period we watched our peers reach top of line and hold out their right arm, immediately burst into loud wails after bein stabbed in the arm to then be ushered to another area where we loudly heard "you'll get your sweet". I can't remember if injection hurt or not but when in place of my promised 'sweet' I was presented with a lump of sugar. I wanted to ram it down the nurses throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The McRib, flucking basterds McDonalds took it away. I didn't care it was made of cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

link_2007 wrote: »
    I shouted "Wanker" at someone out of the window of our school once before the teacher had arrived.

The teacher in the next classroom heard it, came in and made us all write who did it on a piece of paper.

I wrote "I don't know" and assumed everyone else would do the same.

Six of the ****ers wrote my name down, that's about a 1 in 4 return.

I thought I got on with everyone in my class :(

Maybe 'angry' would be the wrong emotion but 13 years later it still grates.

Maybe those who shopped you felt you were the real wanker in the whole situation:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

The time the old guy from work took the amazing turkey sandwich my sister made me from the office fridge (even though it was clearly marked with my name) and then put half of it in the bin still makes my blood boil.

It was my sandwich........ MY SANDWICH!!!!!!!!!!

Surely it had a moist maker as well..

• Advertisement
Advertisement