Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radon testing

Options
  • 06-02-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,
    I'm just wondering if anyone in Charlesland/Greystones has had their home tested for radon gas? It's been on the to-do list for too long now and I'm wondering if there is any general knowledge about the incidence in the area.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

http://www.rpii.ie/radon-map.aspx

5-10% chance of above reference level in Charlesland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

ADK wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm just wondering if anyone in Charlesland/Greystones has had their home tested for radon gas? It's been on the to-do list for too long now and I'm wondering if there is any general knowledge about the incidence in the area.
    Thanks.
    im not positive but i thought these houses had a rsdon barrier..anybody know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

For houses built post 1997 there should be a radon barrier. Have a look at the back of the house for the Radon vent serving the sump in the middle of the house (sump will be below the Radon barrier under the ground floor slab).

If you are in any way concerned, do get a Radon test completed. It'll cost less than 60euro (as per rpii website)

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dmckeown

I got it done and there was no issue. But it can even vary between neighbours substantially.
    I'd suggest getting it done.
    As said above, its less than €60 and there is no other way to tell until it's too late.

Advertisement