Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westside Tavern Closed?

Options
  • 06-02-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Is the Westside Tavern the last casualty of the present climate?? It was open last night but this morning it has notices up say "Closed Until Further Notice. There was a few cars around there and about three people walking round there seemingly look at the out side and point different things out. All very strange!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

What was it like since it re-opened last? It looked quite nice inside (decor wise) whenever I walked past, but I'd have my reservations about the clientèle... heard rumours it was a front for stuff I won't disclose here.. but also heard it was the same owners as some place in town too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

Yeah the lad who has Sally Longs has it at present

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

The only times I've been to that place, it's been 3am & I wanted cans, probably on route to a party.

If there was ever a place in Galway city where you could have experienced that scene from Wayne's World 2 with the Bengal Tiger, it was here.

Have no idea what it's been like for the last few years though.

The only times I've been to that place, it's been 3am & I wanted cans, probably on route to a party.

If there was ever a place in Galway city where you could have experienced that scene from Wayne's World 2 with the Bengal Tiger, it was here.

Have no idea what it's been like for the last few years though.

Knocking on the back door at all hours :pac: savage craic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Was this called Doc Watsons at one stage ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Lapin wrote: »

Yes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

They did a nice job on the re-furbishment, but still didn't work, location location location - man from sally longs didn't have it though contrary to popular belief. :rolleyes:

I've been up there with the owner of Sally's? He either owned it or just ran it for someone and I doubt he was working for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

They did a nice job on the re-furbishment, but still didn't work, location location location - man from sally longs didn't have it though contrary to popular belief. :rolleyes:

What are you saying about location have you something against the place, and the man from Sally Longs was running the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

but I'd have my reservations about the clientèle... heard rumours it was a front for stuff I won't disclose here

Go on - Give us a hint! Don't keep us in suspense..... Cad a chuala tú?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

Lapin wrote: »

And Branskys before that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nowt against the place at all, liked it as it happened, but like the glen oaks down the road, locals seem to prefer travelling into town for a drink rather than staying around. It's a pity many the pint o' porter in it, and while man from Sallys may have been somewhat involved he was in no way running it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

while man from Sallys may have been somewhat involved he was in no way running it.

LOL. "Somewhat involved". Somebody better tell NOD and DL's son then.

Ah sure i was making the difference between running and being involved, then again makes no odds i suppose, rumours is rumours, facts is facts. ;)

Advertisement