Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Alpha Team

Options
  • 06-02-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Another Sunday night pasted last night and no sign of most of alpha squad and no sign of our squad leader or word that he wouldn't be there.

Luckily enough i was able to get some friends to play so we still managed to get a game this week.

I think its time we got a new squad leader and kicked the players that just dont show up. We have the makings of a half decent team if more than 4 where active on a Sunday night.

Il put myself forward for squad leader if no one has any problems with it cause at the min its me sorting out alpha squad anyhows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Another Sunday night pasted last night and no sign of most of alpha squad and no sign of our squad leader or word that he wouldn't be there.

Luckily enough i was able to get some friends to play so we still managed to get a game this week.

I think its time we got a new squad leader and kicked the players that just dont show up. We have the makings of a half decent team if more than 4 where active on a Sunday night.

Il put myself forward for squad leader if no one has any problems with it cause at the min its me sorting out alpha squad anyhows.

don't mind them Mick....come to Craggy squad and that way I won't be shooting your ass down in the jets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

+1. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Kefa

Enderman/cherryghost has said in the latest fixture thread that he can't make Sundays and he's out now. I doubt anyone has a problem with you being squad leader, so I'd say it's safe to assume you can claim that title from now on. And yeah, new squad list needed.

Anyone who can (and will) play on Sunday nights add your name and BF3 ID:

Boards Alpha Squad

1. Squad Leader: mick-fitz8585 (mickfitz-Irish)
    2. Kefa (Kweeveen)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

uhh you have a win, can i get a transfer :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

dreamers75 wrote: »
    uhh you have a win, can i get a transfer :D

Dont worry dreamers, we'll have a win next weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah put me down, DrNeptunious. I thought alpha team was scrapped after last week though, that's why I was late to join yesterday.

Boards Alpha Squad

1. Squad Leader: mick-fitz8585 (mickfitz-Irish)
    2. Kefa (Kweeveen)
    3. Creature (DrNeptunious)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Delta squad was made up of 5 members of DoWUK.
    I had a hard time getting hold of most too for some reason, so as I mentioned in other posts...I can drop the DoWUK lads and combine Alpha/Delta using the people who play and post on here to make 1 suqad.

4-5 from Alpha who show, and the 7 or so from Delta = 10-11 boardsies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Dont worry dreamers, we'll have a win next weekend :)

i have to be honest and say, i really doubt that.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I had a hard time getting hold of most too for some reason, so as I mentioned in other posts...I can drop the DoWUK lads and combine Alpha/Delta using the people who play and post on here to make 1 suqad.

I'd be in favour of doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I'd be interested in joining too.

Haven't been playing in a few weeks, and my account got hacked :(

But as soon as I have my account back I'd love to join up if I'm needed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Ya sure id be up for that make life easier and by the looks of it boards cant support 2 active teams, just not enough interest.

I suppose its up to kdjac to decide :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

8 player teams might have been a better idea lads, always gonna be a struggle to find 12 players on any night. Also the small maps work way better with 8 players.

But there's usually an overflow of players, and it gives more people a game.

We could have say Delta vs TiG , and that night there will no doubt be craggy plus 1 or 2 boards about, who can then make up the numbers for both teams.

Gives everyone a chance of a game

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

You guys should rename it the A-Team, won't have any problem getting members then.

If I played on PC I'd join but only if people called me Murdock and whoever was BA made a point of never getting in a chopper with me.

I suppose its up to kdjac to decide :cool:

Obviously i would prefer 2, i mean we have 110 people in the Boards platoon, i thought we could get 12x2. Only played one game but it was as good as i expected i really do think the 12 man works.

If we combine we have only 3 teams :( If i/we dont have another bunch by this time thursday we combine, you and imawesome can knife fight for Squad leader (you won a game, he beat TIG 186-0)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I think four teams would make it more interesting. If there's only three one team will miss out each week. @Mick-fitz I suggest you set up an Alpha Squad platoon on battlelog, I set one up for delta, its good for organising who's gonna be on etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Would like to see this kept going after we finish this one. Maybe 5 v 5 inf, or Rush only etc. Again thanks to KD for getting it organised.

God i hate rush :D

A mega Datacull of the boards platoon is in order :pac:

• Advertisement

Can't guarantee the DoWUK lads to be there in strength each week, they seem to be gone off the boil on BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

Can't guarantee the DoWUK lads to be there in strength each week, they seem to be gone off the boil on BF3
    might be something to do with the amount of bullets i pumped into them:-)
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

TheFairy wrote: »
    Would like to see this kept going after we finish this one. Maybe 5 v 5 inf, or Rush only etc. Again thanks to KD for getting it organised.

I see what ur doing here Team Nordie shal rule again!

also +1 on the thanks for getting this organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

lol @ your sig Abe.

lol @ DataCull™
    [SIZE="-5"]
    DataCull™ is a registered trademark of The Irish Guard Ltd. 2004 to 2012[/SIZE]

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Obviously i would prefer 2, i mean we have 110 people in the Boards platoon, i thought we could get 12x2. Only played one game but it was as good as i expected i really do think the 12 man works.

If we combine we have only 3 teams :( If i/we dont have another bunch by this time thursday we combine, you and imawesome can knife fight for Squad leader (you won a game, he beat TIG 186-0)

I really dnt mind not been squad leader :D it can be a pain.

Is there any way you can post that we are making teams to the board.ie platoon page might make people come look at the forum.

p.s. Could be handy to update the original tread saying we are looking for more players and drop the inactive people from both squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

looking for more active players on boards...
    can they all bring there xbox 360s with them too:-)

I really dnt mind not been squad leader :D it can be a pain.

Is there any way you can post that we are making teams to the board.ie platoon page might make people come look at the forum.

p.s. Could be handy to update the original tread saying we are looking for more players and drop the inactive people from both squads.

Whoever created the platoon can.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

Lucutus wrote: »
    lol @ your sig Abe.

lol @ DataCull™
    [SIZE="-5"]
    DataCull™ is a registered trademark of The Irish Guard Ltd. 2004 to 2012[/SIZE]

u wouldnt! :eek: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

IM still up fire this Sunday on alpha . Couldn't make last Sunday but hopefully can make this Sunday :)

• Advertisement

cool Daza can u join alpha platoon plz

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5241205612717/

Advertisement