Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Alpha Team

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

i dont want to be doing more harm than good here as craggy members may permantly decide to feck off to girls ar5es and drink instead.
    looking at the last fortnights numbers i could only see the following matches for next sunday. (backup plan)
    Delta+mick vs TIG 10-14 man 7:30pm
    craggy+boards v TIG 12-18 man 9pm with the loophole that TIG take any newbies ranked under 30tongue.gif
    craggy+alpha vs delta+alpha 10pm (or visa versa)

anyway im not the decision maker for delta never mind boards,
    i would say go with original league matches with a title "save our league"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Jonny7 wrote: »
    these are good ideas

we form a ragtag plucky bunch of rebels to fight the evil corporate TiG and
    if that falls apart we still have enough heads for a good fun kick-about.

I hearby endorse this project.

May the USAS be with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

May the USAS be with us.

or maybe they'll be too SCAR'd to play us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

If its not full I'd be interested in playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think it's all over FlyirngIrishMan,

Your best bet is to just join the craggy server and TS any night and have a laugh with the rest of the Irish lads that are on. Usually about 20 ppl from boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

What other servers do we have for us Irish with low pings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

None of the servers we play on are hosted in Ireland I don't think.

You can expect to find the same kind of ping 20-80 accross most of Europe.
    UK, Germany, France, Holland etc

Craggy, S18 and the boards are all in the UK I think

And sure I'd happily give up a few milliseconds for the craic on TS :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    None of the servers we play on are hosted in Ireland I don't think.

You can expect to find the same kind of ping 20-80 accross most of Europe.
    UK, Germany, France, Holland etc

Craggy, S18 and the boards are all in the UK I think

And sure I'd happily give up a few milliseconds for the craic on TS :P

Yep...Craggy is hosted in London..
    Would be great to have a provider here in Ireland but not worth their while.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Not enough Irish people play online pc games for a dedicated gaming hosting company im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Not enough Irish people play online pc games for a dedicated gaming hosting company im afraid

indeed..although you can have too good a ping if it's miles better than anyone elses.
    One of the lads lives near the multiplayer site in London and since he's on 50meg or 100meg fibre his ping is something like 10ms to the server...
    OF course everyone else is about 40ms and above so he finds it almost impossible to shoot anyone as he reckons EA have lag penalizer for those with lower pings.
    Apparently Bad Company 2 also had it but EA never confirmed or denied it.

Definitely MW2 and onwards also had this feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

Blazer wrote: »
    indeed..although you can have too good a ping if it's miles better than anyone elses.
    One of the lads lives near the multiplayer site in London and since he's on 50meg or 100meg fibre his ping is something like 10ms to the server...
    OF course everyone else is about 40ms and above so he finds it almost impossible to shoot anyone as he reckons EA have lag penalizer for those with lower pings.

i agree with that, im getting 14 on some servers and get killed the Msecond i see someone and get killed a second later after i get safe behind a brick wall.
    but find the odd time i get on a 70 ping server in russia it seems like i have a ping advantage and when "im Safe" im safe :mad:,
    right time to start playing in the States and troll em hard

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Blazer wrote: »

Its simply the way the game mechanics work im afraid.

The game can be set up in 2 ways if im not mistaking client side hit detection and server side hit detection both with its own good and bads.

BF3 uses Client side so having a good ping is bad and you also get shot when you think your around a corner

Server side is like cod4 in that a good ping is better but when you try shot people sometime you have to shot in front of them to get a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gameservers tried for a while here, think we were the only ones with a server (arma 2) with them. Then they vanished.

Advertisement