Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment

Options
  • 06-02-2012 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I don't know if this can go under one of the threads that is already in use or not but I have a direct debit set up for my esb account, but on the Monday before I was due to pay my bill, I had paid some of my bill via visa debit card, but on the day the bill was to be paid in full, the full amount of the electricity bill was taken out of my bank account again instead of the remainder of the amount that was needed to be paid. How can this be sorted out?:confused::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Natalie,

How many days before the direct debit date did you make that partial payment by Visa debit card?

Thanks and regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nataliemurphy3

It was the Monday and the direct debit was the Friday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Thanks Natalie.

This happened unfortunately because of timing. A payment can take up to four days to process, plus the bank also presents for collection three days in advance of the direct debit due date, so it is safest to give yourself a minimum of six/seven working days before the direct debit date, to make a manual payment.

Your next bill will be reduced by the amount you paid manually by card.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement